1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP MediaSmart remote code

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Evilmumrah, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Evilmumrah

Evilmumrah New Member

Dec 15, 2002
    I have an HP MediaSmart TV. There is a remote code for it that works for on-off, volume, etc. My problem is with the input button. The code works to get to the input screen but I can't get it to change the selection. I need to be able to go up or down on the input screen but can't. Am I stuck with two remotes here?

2. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    If you press the input button again, it doesn't cycle through the inputs?

3. Evilmumrah

Evilmumrah New Member

Dec 15, 2002
    No. I have a little screen on the left side of the screen that shows all the inputs on a list so that I need to be able to scroll up and down.

4. Evilmumrah

Evilmumrah New Member

Dec 15, 2002
    No. As I say, I can get the input button to give me the input menu but the directional keys don't work. They just do stuff on the TiVo screen. About the code search -- when do I do that? At the remote screen after I have selected the HP as my TV?

5. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Ca
    What you need is an old Directv tivo remote, instead a dvr1/dvr2 switch, it has dvr/tv switch. in the tv position, the cursor keys control the tv menu. But then it might not have proper code, since last directv remote dates to 2006.

6. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Ca
    The reason the OP mentioned the tivo menu, he needs more then just the tv input key to navigate the tv input screen displayed on his tv screen, but cursor keys only control tivo. And not the tv. Does that make sense?

7. Evilmumrah

Evilmumrah New Member

Dec 15, 2002
    Yes, that makes perfect sense. Thank you.