1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Just a note that the site indexes are still building. Until they are done, anything that uses search will be affected such as normal search, post history, etc. It works from the oldest post first and is building forward in time. We could have waited for it all to be done, but hey, who uses search anyway? :)
    Dismiss Notice

How to transfer movies to Roamio from iMac

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by beactive, Dec 14, 2013.

1. beactive

beactive New Member

Nov 30, 2007
    I have an iMac with movies that I want to transfer to my Roamio Plus. I have tried kmttg and pytivo and none of them seem to work. kmttg is for downloading from Roamio to desktop. What software do you recommend?
  2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    PyTivo should work when its properly configured. You would also need to go to Tivo.com and login to your account, under DVR Preferences, there are boxes for TRANSFERS and DOWNLOADS to check, or transfers will not work at all, if you have not done this before. Your Tivo and your account should have a Media Access Key, which you will need to put into Tivo Desktop or PyTivo to work.