1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to stop playback and delete show?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by ptr727, Sep 11, 2013.

1. ptr727

ptr727 New Member

Dec 2, 2004
    How do I delete the recorded show I am watching?

On my FiOS DVR this is easy, play stop delete.
    On Roamio this is difficult, play tivo recordings find what I was watching delete.

Surely there must be an easier way?

P.

2. TC25D

TC25D New Member

Aug 21, 2013
    I use the left 'arrow' next to the Select on the upper portion of the control which brings up the menu, arrow down to Delete, select.

3. ptr727

ptr727 New Member

Dec 2, 2004
  4. elwaylite

elwaylite Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Theodore, Al.
    Ive been having an issue with Amazon tv shows, havent recorded much OTA so not sure if its a bug there yet. If Im not near the end of a program, and use the arrow back, the show I was watching keeps playing in the window in the corner, I end up having to use live tv to get the tv show to stop playing.

5. TC25D

TC25D New Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Also, if you let the show you're watching reach the end of the recording, a screen pops up that gives you the option to keep or delete as well.

6. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    That is normal behavior if you use the preview window.

Just hit pause to stop progression or slow to close the window.

7. elwaylite

elwaylite Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Theodore, Al.
  8. swerver

swerver Member

May 18, 2012
    Related to this, that maybe people don't know - using left will also return you to the last place you were in the menus, as opposed to the tivo button which takes you back to the top menu. Can be handy for many things.

9. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    FYI you have to be within 5 minutes of the end of the program for it to offer the delete option. So if the show ends early hold down the skip button for a second to jump to the end and then press left or TiVo and it should present you with the delete option even if you're using the preview window.