1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to keep iphone while offline downloading

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream' started by pkellner, Feb 5, 2014.

1. pkellner

pkellner New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    How do I keep my iphone from going into screensaver mode while downloading

It causes the downloading to stop

2. severe

severe New Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Settings>General>Auto-Lock

Set Auto-Lock to Never. I think this will help your issue. However, with Never, you must remember to lock your phone manually. And I think the last time I used the download feature I had to keep the app open, without allowing it to background.

3. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    The TiVo app should keep the iPhone awake as long as it's in the foreground and actively downloading. It's been a while since I've downloaded but that's how it worked the last time I did it.

4. Rycardo

Rycardo New Member

Apr 7, 2002
    The TiVo app developers could - and should - make it so the app doesn't allow the phone to sleep when downloading. They could also make it a setting the user sets to enable/disable. Several of my apps have this feature.

In case a TiVo rep is reading this, ask your development team to read up on this setting:

Code:
    [UIApplication sharedApplication].idleTimerDisabled = YES;

5. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I'm pretty sure it does. It's been a while since I've downloaded anything (I typically stream) but last time I did the iPad stayed awake until the download completed.