1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get videos from my pc to android phone/tablet

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by lynnalexandra, Mar 19, 2013.

1. lynnalexandra

lynnalexandra New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    I have a nook tablet (with an N2A) card - so it's running jelly bean. (I have an android smartphone - gingerbread, i think). And my husband, I'd like to load video on his Samsung 2 10.1 tablet (again running android 4 - not sure if it's ICS or JB).

My question is, I've converted numerous Tivo files to .mp4 format so i could run it on my tablet/phone? But now I can't get the video's to my nook tablet. I plug the tablet (with a 64GB micro sd card) into the usb port of my pc (running XP). The computer sees something - but thinks and insists it's a disk drive. So when I try to get the video to the tablet, it keeps insisting I have to insert a disk. Doesn't matter if I select the video and click Move to:, try to copy and paste or drag and drop.

How do get video sideloaded to our tablets (and maybe my phone)? Do these android tablets come with something that plays video? or do I need to get additional apps to play the video? any recommendations on which video playing app?

Thank you.
    Lynn.

2. PCurry57

PCurry57 Liberal Hippie Chick

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    One easy way to transfer files to and from an android is the AirDroid App, with it you can drag and drop files on your Android device