1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to download from Amazon Instant Video Library?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by ShoutingMan, Feb 17, 2014.

1. ShoutingMan

ShoutingMan Member

Jan 6, 2008
    How can I download videos from my Amazon Instant Video Library to my Roamio or Mini? TiVo and Amazon help suggest I can access my library for re-download, but it's not clear how...or if their support is outdated.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0&docId=1000778131#online

In an older TCF thread, it seems there isn't a way to download videos I've previously purchased.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=475636

2. ShoutingMan

ShoutingMan Member

Jan 6, 2008
    Ok, after a little more exploration, I see I can push a download from Amazon to my Roamio. Hopefully I can also play that on my mini.

3. ncfoster

ncfoster Member

Jan 22, 2011
    I haven't tried this precise scenario, but I would be shocked if you could not play it on the Mini.

4. sinned17

sinned17 New Member

Nov 12, 2013
    I was able to download my Amazon Instant Videos and watch it on my Roamio. Unfortunately, it won't allow me to watch it from my Mini.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

5. CrispyCritter

CrispyCritter Purple Ribbon Wearer

Feb 28, 2001
    North...
    Yes, Amazon puts restrictions on the downloads and doesn't allow them to be streamed anywhere.

6. Ziggie

Ziggie TiVo Since 2003

Jan 20, 2004
    Under a...
    I've always had trouble getting Amazon to d/l to our TiVos.

7. spaldingclan

spaldingclan Member

Aug 22, 2012
    the Amazon app on the tivo is a real ****** show

8. ncfoster

ncfoster Member

Jan 22, 2011
    That's disappointing. I thought that the Mini was supposed to be able to stream pretty much anything from a Roamio, but that is a very small fraction of my viewing, so it won't matter much.

9. sangs

sangs Member

Jan 1, 2003
    New Jersey
    Somebody posted a workaround in a thread around here not too long ago that allows for Amazon videos to be viewed on the Minis. Sorry I don't have the link, but it's here somewhere. :)

10. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
  11. sangs

sangs Member

Jan 1, 2003
    New Jersey