1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much will it cost me to upgrade my THD to a Premiere?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by gweempose, Apr 30, 2012.

1. gweempose

gweempose Active Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I'm thinking about selling my stock THD with lifetime and picking up another lifetime Premiere. I haven't really been following what the THD's go for on eBay. Do you guys think I should make the trade, and how much will the whole transaction set me back?

2. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
  3. gweempose

gweempose Active Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    Darn, I was hoping it was going to be $150 or less. I don't know if I can justify spending any more than that. The THD is in the guest bedroom, and it's the least used of all my TiVos. It's primary purpose was to record overflow, but now that I picked up an XL4, I'll probably barely use it to record at all.

4. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Premieres were showing up in Fry's ads over the weekend for $149.

5. gweempose

gweempose Active Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    Isn't that the standard price for the newer model with the 500GB drive?

6. Quake97

Quake97 New Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Southeastern PA
    Yep.

Joe

7. chiguy50

chiguy50 Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    I suggest you try calling Electronics Expo. Right now their Web site is only showing the Premiere XL (at $200 plus ca. $9 shipping), but you will get the best price and latest availability info by calling and talking to a CSR. I bought my Premiere from them in Mar for $50 and My Elite for $360 (plus shipping).

8. gweempose

gweempose Active Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    Thanks for the suggestion! I'm lucky that I happen to live right down the street from Abt. They always give me good prices. I just bought an Elite from them a couple weeks ago for $360. With tax, it probably came out to a little more than you paid, but it's nice having a brick and mortar store to go to if I ever have any problems. They have the best customer service of any store I have ever done business with.

9. chiguy50

chiguy50 Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Abt is a good source, and you're lucky that you're local.

BTW, I grew up in Winnetka. Go (Derrick-Rose-less) Bulls!