1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many hours on a 1TB?

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by slimjim867, May 26, 2010.

1. slimjim867

slimjim867 New Member

Sep 20, 2005
    Somewhere in the FAQ I saw that a 1TB internal upgrade would give me 157 HD hours. I'm showing a capacity of 142 HD hours. I answered Yes to the question about expanding the capacity.
    Thanks for your help anyone.
  2. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    You have to turn on another item for the extra time to go from 142 to 157, it's under the expansion software but i forgot exactly where. Someone will tell exactly where that is.
  3. Barchetta

Barchetta New Member

Feb 15, 2008
    Mine shows 157.. but keep in mind thats probably for the poorest quality setting??? or is it.. says variable im sure based on compression but what about quality setting? it amazed me they dont display A) time based on your quality setting and also based on how much storage is left.. I mean I dont even think there is a way other than yanking the drive to see how much space is left??

But anyway.. I "supersized" mine and it shows 157 HD hrs.
  4. whitepelican

whitepelican New Member

Feb 14, 2005
    You have to use WinMFS and run "MFS Supersize" to get to 157 hrs. You can do that at any time even after you've already been using the drive in your Tivo. Just hook it back up to the PC and do the Supersize, only takes a few minutes.
  5. Resist

Resist New Member

Dec 21, 2003
    157 hours is for HD content. With a lower setting you would get over 1368 hours, which is for SD content.
  6. lew

lew Active Member

Mar 12, 2002
    You should show around 144 hours until your tivo updates to a newer software version.