1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long does it take to get channel info?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by sriggins, Apr 20, 2009.

1. sriggins

sriggins New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    I went through my channel list and realized I was missing a ton of HD channels (Why? that kinda sucks TiVo didn't add them for me!)

Anyway, I added about 10 on Friday, and the TiVo has updated successfully three times since then, but the guide still says "To be announced"

I get the video fine.

Any ideas on why TiVo is so slow to update the guide?

2. pdonoghu

pdonoghu New Member

Mar 5, 2003
    Upper...
    Assuming you are using a Series 3 model, you need cable cards to get guide information for the digital channels. Do you have cable cards installed?

3. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Also, were these channels recently added by your cableco (or are they OTA)? If cable, it may take a while to populate the guide data. In my market and with my cableco, it typically takes 7-14 days.

If they're OTA, make sure you have the correct zip code plugged in your setup to get them.

4. sriggins

sriggins New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    I have two cable cards. I have no idea when Comcast added some of these channels. How should I track this progress? Call Comcast?

5. sriggins

sriggins New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Even weirder, the interactive guide at TiVo.com does not list any channel of 756, while the Comcast site lists plenty!

6. pdonoghu

pdonoghu New Member

Mar 5, 2003
    Upper...
    I suggest you go to www.zap2it.com and put your zip code in and see what lineups are available. This is Tribune Media's site, the company that provides Tivo the guide info.

A few possibilities: Your cable company did not properly authorize your cards. You did not select the proper lineup when you ran guided setup. There is a lineup issue that needs to be reported to Tivo for the missing channels.

7. sriggins

sriggins New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Thanks for the link! Zap2it has the proper data. TiVo.com does not (they don't even list some of the channels i am getting) so I'll re-run guided setup and go from there.

heh, my TiVo was still in the zip code from where I used to live, which while only 12 miles away, is a different state :)

Thanks!