1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How I Met Your Mother - Bad Crazy - 02/11/13

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Donbadabon, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Geocacher

Mar 5, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    Eh.

For the first time in a long time the laugh track got to me in this one. The scene where they were bringing in all the items, like the canoe, just wasn't funny but the laugh track was overbearing.

For me, the only entertaining part was learning Mike Tyson was the old lady, which explained why they were in a strip club. But that was 10 seconds.

I always wonder if the stars themselves know when things are bad, but they just go through the motions because it is a paycheck.

2. CatScratchFever

CatScratchFever Guest

Apr 14, 2011
    Prescott AZ
    I agree, not on of their best. Then again it's been a few years since they rocked regularly.

3. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I liked the cuckoo clock...

4. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Reading that made me imagine that scene without a laugh track. The scene wasn't funny, but it would make you cringe w/o a laugh track.

5. Mr. Soze

Mr. Soze On my best behaviour

Nov 1, 2002
    La Cheeserie
    I was upstairs and my son was watching HIMYM in the living room. The laugh track was so overbearing I actually noticed it and had him turn the volume down.

6. CatScratchFever

CatScratchFever Guest

Apr 14, 2011
    Prescott AZ
    I think it (laugh track) was so loud because it certainly wasn't very funny.

7. swizzlest

swizzlest Furry Cat Feet!

Sep 13, 2003
    OH-IO
    I've gotten to the point where I feel almost every episode is just filler until we meet the mother. This was no exception.

8. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I have liked a lot of recent episodes even though a lot of you haven't. This one was VERY mediocre.

The "I didn't tell you everything" went on for at LEAST one or two too many iterations… Though it was slightly funny that they were at least speeding up the 'intro' each time. It does irk me that they hired a convicted rapist to be the "big twist" to the story. (Yes, I did see "The Hangover" on DVD, and I think I thought much the same about that too.)

The cuckoo clock was funny but done a bit too much too.

It was funny that the girl is a cop.

9. Michael S

Michael S Member

Jan 12, 2004
    I wonder if Barney and Marshall were actually eating sandwiches. :)

10. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member TCF Club

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    The only thing I came away from this ep with was whether Robin's softening her stance on not wanting kids.

I know humor is subjective, but I don't know if I can point to one thing in this ep that I considered funny at all. More and more I find myself wondering why I'm watching and that it's just a waste of time.

11. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I agree with the consensus, not very good. But I do think it was a setup episode for things to come. One is the Robin and kids thing and the other (as I said last week) that this nutcase GF was Ted's last fling before he meets the mother (BTW, we haven't seen the kids for awhile until this episode).

The cuckoo clock thing has been done so many times on this show (in different iterations) that I didn't find it funny. I found it a bit strange that Lily and Robin did not age at all with each "future" scene (also not too funny). I can't stand Mike Tyson, so that scene made me want to puke (who decided that Mike Tyson could act? He was horrible in The Hangover, and not any better here), but I did say to my wife that the lady in the background would wind up holding the baby. They just took that whole thing too far. To me, it would have been far funnier if they just had her hold it once and left it there. (and seriously, who goes chasing a bus over a binky?)

Anyway, a big disappointment after what I thought was a funny last episode.

12. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    I think they called them "subs", right? So they were probably actual food products, as opposed to "sandwiches". :)

13. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    I think they had slightly different hairstyles in each scene at least.

The other noteworthy thing about those flashforward scenes is that you never really see Robin's left hand. She's holding her wine glass with her right hand and her left hand is down at her side, shielded from the camera by her body.

I guess the writers wanted to keep it an open question as to whether or not Robin gets married. :)

He was really bad on SVU an episode or two ago. Unlike the other two roles, he wasn't playing himself, and unlike the other two roles, this one was dramatic.

Two words: train wreck.

14. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I did notice Robin's hair was different the last scene, but the others looking very similar. I didn't notice about the ring, good catch. I guess they don't have makeup artists on set that can "age" an actress :)

15. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Well, it's not like they were supposed to be that much older. They were just going from their current mid 20's to their late 30's / early 40's right?

16. Squeak

Squeak An Inert Gas

May 12, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Mid 20's? More like mid 30's. Ted is 35 in current time.

17. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Really, 35? I didn't think they were that far along.

18. Squeak

Squeak An Inert Gas

May 12, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Yeah. According to Wikipedia, Ted was born in 1978 (sorry, he will be 35 in April).

He was 27 when they started it in 2005.

19. stellie93

stellie93 Active Member

Feb 25, 2006
    I thought the reveal that the sweet old lady in the flashbacks was really a man was pretty funny. I didn't see that coming. I didn't recognize Tyson, but his part was minimal.

20. TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    You mean Senator Tyson, the greatest boxer of all time?