1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"How I Met Your Mother" 2012/11/19

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by aindik, Nov 20, 2012.

1. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    Which of these stories was less realistic.
    1) Strip clubs recruiting customers like free agent athletes
    2) Marshall's friend not being disqualified if not disbarred for what he did
    3) Ted videotaped everything that ever happened in college in the mid 90s and we didn't know about it until now

And what is the writers' obsession with Lebron? He left Cleveland. Ted is from Cleveland. We get it.

Did not like this episode at all. I like it less the more I type about it.

Did I miss when Marshall stopped working for Martin Short's law firm?

The ending seemed very abrupt. Was there a kicker at the end? If there was, it ran past the time slot. I guess I need to pad.

2. Squeak

Squeak An Inert Gas

May 12, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    No kicker. That was it.

Also, wrong forum!

3. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    Doh!

Mods, please move to Now Playing.

4. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier TCF Club

Apr 7, 2004
    Arlington, VA
    He still is. Martin Short is Cootes. The other guy is Honeywell.

5. markymark_ctown

markymark_ctown Active Member

Oct 11, 2004
    C-Town
    The writer/creator (beys?) is from cleveland which explains all the vague ctown sports references.

a couple of episodes ago, they had a reference to Vinnie Pestano, a relief pitcher for the Cleveland Indians...

6. JoBeth66

JoBeth66 Temp

Feb 15, 2002
    They were all unbelievable, but the Barney one was the only one that was funny. Barney's story lines are always over the top.

The whole Brad storyline was completely off the charts, in a bad way. Sanctions would be flying left & right. I realize it's a comedy, but that's the kind of thing that takes me out of the "story".

And I got confused with the law firm, too. I thought I missed an episode somewhere. :)

7. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Terrible. This season is going downhill fast. I really think they've completely run out of ideas so they keep kind of recycling the same stories. Barney likes strip clubs, we get it. Marshall is incredibly honest and is the type of guy that doesn't say bad things about anyone....we get it. Ted is a dbag. We get it too. Really, I'm not sure where else they can go with this group except to proceed with the show's premise and then end it.

8. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I loved the Barney stuff. The various strip club names were hilarious, and Robin acting as his agent was pretty funny, too.

The Marshall/Brad thing was pathetic.

9. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    For me, the mark of a good show is twofold. One-I want to rewatch it. Two-after the first viewing, I can remember most of the major plot points.

HIMYM hasn't done that for me for a while. I still watch, and I still enjoy, at times, but it's like they never anticipated the show would go past a couple of seasons and they're trying to figure out how to stretch it.

I will say this. If Ted and Robin end up together, I will hunt down Carter Bays and murder him in his sleep. Okay, maybe not murder. But I'd definitely stand at the foot of his bed and scream at him for a couple of hours.

10. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    I enjoyed the episode conceptually (stamp tamp and stripper club recruitment), even if the execution fell flat. It reminded me of when HIMYM was consistently entertaining because of fun concepts like these. For me this episode was a big step up in quality from most of this season.

11. robojerk

robojerk Active Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    I'm hoping Ted figured out he is a dbag, and that's how he'll be able to hold onto the mother.

12. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Exactly, and I'm with you on Ted and Robin. That ship has sailed completely. But it does look like it's going to be Barney and Robin anyway, which I'm fine with.

I definitely get the same vibe. They are trying to figure out how to stretch it. Friends, which this show is compared to a lot seemed to do a great job of new stories every season. Maybe it's because they weren't tied to one major premise.