1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How flash a TiVo image to a hard drive using winmfs

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by Kennykenny17, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Kennykenny17

Kennykenny17 New Member

Mar 24, 2012
    My hard drive on my Series 2 TCD 540040 gave out and I have another drive waiting to be installed. I need to know how to flash a image on the new drive for the TiVo, I can only plug one drive in because I have one ide to usb adapter. I have the image and am using winmfs.

2. IWLSR5

IWLSR5 New Member

Apr 2, 2013
    The Winmfs explains step by step how to do this. There are also multiple threads on this forum that also tell you how to do this.

3. Kennykenny17

Kennykenny17 New Member

Mar 24, 2012
    I just wanted to know if I hook up the new drive and do the restore tivo drive from the tcd540040 images, will everything work out fine. The new drive was from a Toshiba Series 2 ST380012 TiVo I believe, it was barely used

4. HomeUser

HomeUser Active Member

Jan 12, 2003
    A2 Michigan
    The TiVo drive will only work if it is from the same model in your case the TSN that starts with "540".

Now if you have a image for a "540" you need to "install" it to the a replacement drive (same size or larger) by using one of the programs for copying TiVo drives like MFSTools, MFSLive, WinMFS ....

5. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Has that Toshiba drive been erased or otherwise messed with?

If not, you should do a backup image of it for the benefit of others, especially if you're begging a 540 image.

What's the LBA number of that drive, or the brand and model number?