1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How does TWC set flags in NYC

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Ted Todorov, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov New Member

Mar 17, 2014
    I'm considering getting a TiVo Roamio to replace my EyeTV DVR, as Time Warner Cable just encrypted all their clear QAM channels -- i.e. the stuff also available over the air: HD versions of CBS, NBC, ABC, PBS, etc.

My question is, does TWC set flags for the above channels to "copy freely" in New York City (Manhattan)?
  2. 59er

59er TiVotee

Mar 27, 2008
    New York, NY
    You can copy the main broadcast channels freely, but almost nothing else.
  3. dianebrat

dianebrat Uncontrolled Force

Jul 6, 2002
    Tivo does not "set the flags" TWC does, and they are allowed to flag the locals so they are not "copy freely" in NYC, there was a waiver to allow this, if your eyeTV sees them flagged, I lay good odds Tivo will also.
  4. Ted Todorov

Ted Todorov New Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Pretty sure EyeTV would ignore any flags. What EyeTV, which does not have a cable card, sees is that the formerly "clear QAM" channels have been encrypted by TWC. The flags pertain to a Cable Card equipped device like a TiVo. Thus I am asking any NYC based TiVo owner to check what the flag are set to by TWC for the above mentioned channels.