1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you do an old style search?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by dave_d, Apr 29, 2013.

1. dave_d

dave_d New Member

Oct 16, 2003
    Hi all,

So I've upgraded to a TiVo premiere recently. Anyway since I don't have Hulu Plus, netflix, or other pay services so having a search option list all of that isn't very useful. Most of the time I just want to search against whatever is actually going to be broadcast in the next 2 weeks.(Which is how the old search was.) Is there any place where I can select that? (I figured that browse TV & Movies would do it but even there if I select the filter "free" it still brings up Netflix and everything else.)

2. supasta

supasta New Member

May 6, 2006
    Colorado
    It may be beneficial to you to turn those services off.

Settings & Messages > Settings > Channels > My Video Providers

Uncheck the services you don't use and they will no longer show results when you search.

3. dave_d

dave_d New Member

Oct 16, 2003
    Thanks, that's pretty much takes care of it. (Wow, I never noticed that on that page before but it's right there.)

4. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    You can also change the sorting so it brings up things alphabetical, rather then by popularity. That should get you back to more like what you're use to.

5. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    The only problem with that is when you change those settings, they don't "stick"...you have to re-select them each time you do a search. It sucks...