1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I update my email for Tivo alert notices

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by stlbluesfan74, Jul 2, 2012.

1. stlbluesfan74

stlbluesfan74 Mike

May 2, 2012
    St. Louis
    So I recently changed my email, so I go to tivo.com and update my email to the new one. Yet, all of my tivo alerts are still going to my old address. Is there somewhere else I need to update my email?

Thanks.

2. HomeUser

HomeUser Active Member

Jan 12, 2003
    A2 Michigan
    What alerts? Did you change the e-Mail for TiVoCommunity?

3. stlbluesfan74

stlbluesfan74 Mike

May 2, 2012
    St. Louis
    No. Sorry, I wasn't very clear.

On my account at Tivo.com, whenever I schedule something to record, I receive an email notice. And I have updated the login to my new email, yet I still get them sent to my old one email address.

4. HomeUser

HomeUser Active Member

Jan 12, 2003
    A2 Michigan
    Goto Tivo.com under the "Find TV Shows" tab select "1-Click Options" log-on if it asks and change the e-mail there.

5. dwit

dwit Active Member

May 4, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Besides changing your contact info in the My Account link, you may also need to go to the link at the bottom of the selections and change the info in the "Manage Tivo emails".

Please remember the change may not reflect immediately. It may take a day or 2.

6. stlbluesfan74

stlbluesfan74 Mike

May 2, 2012
    St. Louis
    Yes, there I noticed it is still set to the old email. I guess I need to make the change and be sure and check the 1-Click option.

Thanks.

Edit: Yep, that did the trick. Cool. Next time the record box popped up, it had my new email address. Thanks for the help.