1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I remove a mobile device from tivo stream

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by jpete, Nov 1, 2013.

1. jpete

jpete New Member

Oct 9, 2002
    Got a new iPad today. I was able to get it connected to my Roamio Tivo. Reset my old iPad to factory new. The Tivo IOS app now indicates 3 of 12 mobile devices, where there is only 2 of 12 mobile devices. How do I delete one of the devices?

2. kbmb

kbmb Active Member

Jun 22, 2004
    NH
    Not sure.....but I'm curious to know if there is an answer. What's weird is I am showing 9 of 12....but I've only ever had 4 devices setup to stream.....not sure where the other 5 are?!?

-Kevin

3. HarperVision

HarperVision TiVo's Italian Cuz!

May 14, 2007
    Paradise...
    ....at your neighbor's house! :eek: :p

4. kbmb

kbmb Active Member

Jun 22, 2004
    NH
    You know I went to check my wireless clients list after that :D

There is a reset button on the Stream Service webpage...but it doesn't do anything.

I also reset the Tivo app on one of my iPads to see if that would remove one of the 9. It didn't. It also didn't add one when I re-setup the iPad.

-Kevin

5. Cheezmo

Cheezmo New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Plano, TX
    I bought a Tivo Stream used and it said Mobile Devices: 6 of 50 when I got it. It just updated to the 1.3 software and now it says 6 of 12.

I wasn't concerned about the 6 of 50 but with 4 family members with phones and iPads I could see using them up if the limit is 12. So, I need to clear out the previous owners devices. Did anyone ever figure out a way?

6. kbmb

kbmb Active Member

Jun 22, 2004
    NH
    Well, just figured out how to clear it. I've been trying to find a good iPad Air/rMini that doesn't have screen issues.....so each time I got one I set it up and tried Tivo, which required each device to setup streaming, this clearly ate away at my available devices.

Well, finally got a good rMini today and when I went to setup streaming I got a message saying I reached the max and that you are allowed to reset once every 30 days and there is a button to reset it right in the app.

-Kevin

7. Legacy777

Legacy777 New Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I know this is an OLD thread, but curious where the stream reset button is located in the most current version of the iOS app. I've found the stream restart button, but not the reset. I found the overall application reset, but again not for the stream.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks
    Josh