1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I download Amazon purchases?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by DAF54, Mar 28, 2014.

1. DAF54

DAF54 New Member

Mar 13, 2014
    I have previously purchased videos on Amazon. How do I get my Roamio to download them? The best I could do was search for the videos on the UI, but it wants me to purchase it again. I don't really want to pay twice for something I've already bought. I can't find anything on the menu to "download" my Amazon videos. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2. bostlaw

bostlaw New Member

May 16, 2005
    Go to "Your Video Library" on amazon.com ...You'll be able to download any available videos to your linked TiVos from there....

3. DAF54

DAF54 New Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Thank you. I'll give that a try.

4. DAF54

DAF54 New Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Well, according to Amazon site, it says it should automatically start downloading within 15 minutes. I've linked the TiVo to my account and TiVo shows up on Amazon page. Still no download on the TiVo. I can't find any "download" button on Amazon site.

5. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    You need to go to your Amazon video library and then to your purchased shows, there would be pulldowns to select to send to a tivo or watch on PC.

6. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    When you click on a title you own in Your Video Library @ amazon.com there should be a "Download licenses" link which if you click on it will show you devices to which you can download to, including any TiVos. Choose your TiVo and then click on "Download" button to start the download. Sometimes takes several minutes for the download to actually start on the TiVo.

7. eboydog

eboydog Just TiVo'ing.....

Mar 23, 2006
    Be aware that for what ever reason, it will take HOURS if you purchase or rent Amazon movies from the TiVo, it takes a fraction of time if you log into your Amazon account and transfer it using the logged in Web interface.

Be sure to check the time restrictions before you transfer rented content, with some content the timer starts when the download to the Tivo begins and if you don't already know, movie purchases are usually limited to 1 or 2 devices, if you buy a movie, make sure you really want to transfer it.

Another issue too if you haven't done so, once you link your Tivo to your account online, you may need to login to Amazon on the TiVo box and sometimes it take a bit before the transfer begins.

8. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Once your Amazon account is linked with your Tivo.com account, there is no need/ability to login on the Tivo. Only for purchase/rental from the Tivo would need to have a PIN setup on your Amazon account (with Tivo.com account linked).

9. eboydog

eboydog Just TiVo'ing.....

Mar 23, 2006
    OK, good to know however my Roamio behaved differently as I couldn't get the transfer to begin until I logged into Amazon on the TiVo. I may have just been antsy to get the transfer started and didn't give it enough time. I started it online but it didn't download, I logged into the Tivo and was able to select it and then it started.

It was a mess that night anyhow, I didn't know about the slow download speed if started on the TiVo, got Gravity in HD and it took over 6 hours to download which ruined the night not to mention I never got to watch it as I had work the next day.

I will state Amazon made good on it and gave me the HD version of it for free so I can watch it over and over, bigger problem I can't watch Gravity without thinking about George Clooney character from "Oh Brother, We're Art Thou?".... "My hair!"

10. DAF54

DAF54 New Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Thanks to all for your help. I had been accessing Amazon on my iPad and couldn't seem to get the pull down tab. Tried my wife's laptop and viola. Thank you.