1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How about a new music app?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by monkeydust, Sep 3, 2013.

1. monkeydust

monkeydust New Member

Dec 12, 2004
    I installed tivo desktop last week and used it to share my music collection. The app it used was old and clunky but worked. At this point, I'd still use my chromecast to cast google chrome's browser window which is using google's play functionality which hosts all my music for free(which is great).

I'd really like something much simpler I could access from my tivo so I could just play one of my albums without going through a multi step process to get there.

2. CrispyCritter

CrispyCritter Purple Ribbon Wearer

Feb 28, 2001
    North...
    I agree the app is old and clunky and definitely needs an update, but what sort of multi-step process do you think needs replacing? With me, it's just traversing the directory structure I set up on the PC, no separate different steps.

3. BiloxiGeek

BiloxiGeek Reality Challenged

Nov 18, 2001
    Gulfport,...
    Check out pyTivo, it can serve up music to your TiVo and does it cleanly and simply. It requires python but there good instructions for getting it going on a windows box, probably good instructions for a Mac, but I've never looked for them. My music server runs on Linux.

http://pytivo.sourceforge.net

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free