1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

House finale 5-21-12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Idearat, May 22, 2012.

1. Idearat

Idearat New Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    The first hour's walk down memory lane was mildly entertaining. What I didn't expect was that was going to be the best of the two hours.

It was fun hearing Hugh Laurie's real voice while he walked around with people in House's world. More fun than watching all the Ghosts of Houses past stroll by and tell him what was wrong with his life.

We now know how House figured out to be with Wilson for his last 5 months, and it seemed like a way he might have done it. I might have enjoyed that bit if I hadn't had to sit through the extended dream sequence before. But I did wonder for a little while whether the whole thing was planned as his exit strategy. That would make sense given his penchant for elaborate pranks, but then he wouldn't likely have been in a long heroin induced dream in the middle of it.

If he didn't plan it and inserted an already dead body in the building, then he had to wake up from the dream at just the right time, figure out who the conveniently located other body was after the fact and swap records, all while not being seen.

2. jehma

jehma Active Member

Jan 22, 2003
    NJ
    That was my take on it. I didn't even consider that he had planned the whole thing, given the overly long dream sequence where he seemed to be deciding whether to live or die.

I didn't love it. I thought he was going to run or die and this makes perfect sense. I was happy with the resolution, but I found that much of the episode dragged. I did like that they were able to show what happened to his team after the fact and that Foreman knew he was alive.

I loved hearing his real voice in the recap episode. It was interesting and better done than some of the others I've seen.

3. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Yeah I didn't get it either.

Why was he in the warehouse? Drug seeking? Or did he go there seeking his patient and then set the fire to kill him knowing the guy was dying as it was? What and when did he plan all this? Why did he pass out?

I did guess it though I figured they were going to do a "Shawshank" but I thought they would flee the US. Wilson to live out his days and House to practice medicine in a more "free" enviroment.

I guess they really did tick off Lisa Edelstein. Can't even get her to show up to his funeral or a dream sequence.

4. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    It's quite clear to me that the ARE on a break! ;)

5. jehma

jehma Active Member

Jan 22, 2003
    NJ
  6. zalusky

zalusky Active Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    Did anybody else think that Sela Ward had a cold in the first scenes. Her voice did not sound right at all.

7. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I did notice that. I also was thinking if this show was shot around April that means Anne Dudek had a baby 4-8 weeks before that and she looked great.

8. jehma

jehma Active Member

Jan 22, 2003
    NJ
    At first I didn't think it was her because she sounded so strange.

9. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
  10. ThePennyDropped

ThePennyDropped Now I get it.

Jul 5, 2006
    Northeast US
    He didn't need to figure out who the other body was, since he knew it was his heroin-addicted patient.

11. dianebrat

dianebrat I refuse to accept your reality TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    That was a huge hole in the show, I was very disappointed they couldn't work it out, she was such a huge part of the show and for her to just be absent was jarring. I can understand how this kind of thing can happen, but it was pretty glaring:(

12. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    Even with Cuddy, this would have been the worst final I had ever seen.

13. Idearat

Idearat New Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    I'd missed that part, my mind had wandered too far.

14. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Then again, for all we know, right after that last scene...

A police blockade is waiting to pick up House - he may have had everybody else fooled, but Cuddy knows better (and yes, I am aware that she wasn't at the funeral, but she must have heard about House's "death").

While House is serving time in some New Jersey prison, Wilson becomes one of the first patients at the new cancer research center formerly known as Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital; now that House is no longer there, there really isn't a reason for whoever that was in the first season who offered the hospital something like half a billion dollars to turn it into a cancer research hospital with the one proviso being that they get rid of House's department (House may be worth turning that amount of money down...but Chase?) to make a return.

15. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
  16. Idearat

Idearat New Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    And with cops chasing after them, House and Wilson are riding side by side, holding hands as they fly off the edge of a conveniently located canyon.

17. jehma

jehma Active Member

Jan 22, 2003
    NJ
    That's pretty much what I was envisioning for the finale.

18. swizzlest

swizzlest Furry Cat Feet!

Sep 13, 2003
    OH-IO
    Yeah, this episode pretty much blew.

House...going out not with a bang, with with a whimper....

19. inaka

inaka Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2001
    Oakland, CA
    Well, I for one liked the finale.
    *ducks and runs*

I also really like the special where House and Wilson got to shoot up the actual sets with paint balls.

20. ThePennyDropped

ThePennyDropped Now I get it.

Jul 5, 2006
    Northeast US
    Don't worry; you're not alone.