1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

House - April 24, 2012

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Jesda, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    Wilson has cancer. I think the series will end with House committing suicide.

2. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    I don't see House committing suicide, mainly because (a) they already had a character kill himself, and (b) all of Fox's "It Gets Better" talk gets thrown out the window.

Spoilers for Upcoming Episodes:

May 14
    Hadley - er, Remy - Thirteen is back
    May 21 (the finale)
    The episode is titled "Everybody Dies Mulder" - sorry, that last word slipped in there, as "Everyone Dies" was one of the few things other than "The Truth is Out There" that appeared in the opening credits of The X-Files.
    Also, there are a lot of "guest directors" for the last few episodes:
    4/30 - Hugh Laurie
    5/7 - Peter Weller
    5/21 - (series creator) David Shore

Why do I have this feeling that they are seriously considering some sort of spinoff series, or at the very least, a series where one of the regulars plays "the same character with a different name and backstory"?

3. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Upcoming episode titles —
    “The C Word,” “Post-Mortem,” “Holding On,” and “Everybody Dies.”

4. That Don Guy

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    As for this episode in particular, they never did explain how the boy levitated - they gave possibilities, but nothing was ever shown as the definite cause.

This also isn't the first time they had a "the family tries something besides medicine, and claims that's what cured the patient" ending.

5. GAViewer

GAViewer Member

Oct 18, 2007
    They also didn't explain him using Hmong or speaking in tongues, which ever it was.

6. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    I think the explanation for him speaking Hmong was that he was really speaking gibberish and the grandfather heard what he wanted to hear. The explanation for the levitation was that the grandfather was doing some kind of illusion like David Blaine but they didn't explain how it was done besides having House demonstrate it.

7. zalusky

zalusky Active Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    I wonder if we are going to have a six feet under ending?

8. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    I thought for once something might go well for House and he'd end up having a real wife. I guess not.

9. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    I thought that too. Whne she was packing, I was expecting him to suck up his pride and admit to her that he kept the information from her because he wanted her to stay. He would then ask her to please stay with him. It never happened. idiot!

10. Archangel00

Archangel00 New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Gulf Coast
    OMG! the person in distress during the opening was the actual patient! What a complete surprise that was...
    Thank goodness this train wreck is almost over.....

11. Ereth

Ereth Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Jacksonville...
    You know, Hugh Laurie was a regular on "Black Adder" and at the end of every season of "Black Adder", everybody died.

And the final episode is entitled "Everybody dies". Wouldn't it be awesome if Rowan Atkinson were to guest star?

12. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    He could drop an M&M into an O.R. patient!

13. ihatecable

ihatecable Crazy Collies

Apr 16, 2003
    Long Island,NY
    I think a Junior Mint would be more appropriate

14. TiVo'Brien

TiVo'Brien Multi-year Veteran

Feb 8, 2002
    Orlando,...
    That scene reminded me of Scrooge/A Christmas Carol where Scrooge's fiance ends the relationship and walks out on him. All Scrooge does is toss the ring in a drawer and keep on working. Revisiting the past, Scrooge kicks himself and calls himself an old fool.

I wonder if House will realize his error?

15. GAViewer

GAViewer Member

Oct 18, 2007
    But there was no explanation of why PDA (patent ductus arteriosis) would cause him to speak gibberish.

16. That Don Guy

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Actually, not everybody dies in the last two Blackadder series.
    In fact, of the three regulars in the third series, the only one who died was Laurie's character.

Presumably, the General was still alive at the end of the fourth series, although technically everybody is dead at the end as the last scene takes place in the present.

17. ihatecable

ihatecable Crazy Collies

Apr 16, 2003
    Long Island,NY
    I really hope not, I didn't like how that show ended.

18. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    The closed captioning clearly stated that the kid WAS speaking Hmong!