1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotwire cable TV

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by cmarbach, May 15, 2009.

1. cmarbach

cmarbach New Member

Dec 1, 2004
    Florida
    My community is going to change from Comcast to a cable/internet provider called Hotwire. Does anyone know if the TIVO will work with this system?

2. fyodor

fyodor Member

Sep 19, 2006
    This thread was not what I thought it would be about, when I clicked on it.

3. Berryman1979

Berryman1979 New Member

Mar 4, 2009
    Me neither.

4. mec1991

mec1991 Cranky old coot

Nov 5, 2004
    Back home...
    Have you checked the Tribune website to see if they have a listing for it in your zip code?

http://www.zap2it.com/

5. Gavroche

Gavroche New Member

May 26, 2007
    State of...
    My guess would be no, since I'm assuming you have a Series 3 or Tivo HD.

Hotwire Communications offers and IPTV solution only. I doubt it's going to work with cable-cards.

I really hope that Tivo returns the ability to use an external source (cable box) to their next generation of Tivos. It would really be great if consumers had a choice on a next-gen box, rather than be forced to go back to a Series 2 if a cable box is your only option.

6. pmiranda

pmiranda New Member

Feb 12, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Hardware MPEG-4 encoding is getting to the point where if they don't do it, somebody else will. They could even do it as an outboard option or as a PC-card form factor device that could plug into an unused cablecard slot (since you wouldn't be using cablecards on a system that doesn't support them, right?).