1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotel Hell! Season One Aug 2012

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by sharkster, Aug 14, 2012.

1. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Anybody watch last night's ep yet? (S01-E01)

Oh man, this should be fun. It's a two-parter with this hot mess hotel that will conclude with tonight's (Tues) ep.

Gordon's really giving the owner guy the smackdown. He's a self-absorbed, arrogant, fool (owner guy). Loving it.

2. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Active Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    I got sucked into it due to being caught up on all my recordings. Am recording the 2nd part tonight. Thank goodness will be able to skip all of the commercials. Yes the owners have no clue. I can't believe they haven't kicked our hero out.

3. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    Nothing else on, so I, too, got sucked in.

Owner seems to have his head where the sun don't shine.

4. MonsterJoe

MonsterJoe ♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪

Feb 19, 2003
    Central MA
    ...got sucked in and enjoyed it. 2 parter for the first episode was a tad annoying...at least it resolves tonight instead of next week?

I know of this place - I've been in the area but never stayed there. good thing, apparently.

I just looked at their website - a lot of spoilers. ;)

5. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    I'm waiting for the "It's not real, it's al staged" claims. It's hard to believe that someone can hoard that much stuff and still not pay his employees, apart from being as stupid and arrogant as he is!

$74 for raw lamb? No fracking way!!!

6. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Geocacher

Mar 5, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    If I were Gordon, I'd have to ask myself if I really wanted to help that owner succeed. I'd probably tell the staff to just go find other jobs and let him crash.

7. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    Raking leaves
    Yup.
    The guy doesn't deserve to be successful.
    And his partner is a fool for financing the whole thing.

And their friends are arrogant idiots for not tipping the waitstaff after a free meal. That couldn't offend me any worse if they had tried.

8. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Was thinking the same thing. Strains credulity to think someone could be in such financial trouble and not think to sell some of their stuff or at least don't accumulate any more.

No paycheck for a month? Doofus Owner# 1 'You can always work elsewhere' ...that can't be real.

9. YCantAngieRead

Nov 5, 2003
    Holy eff, this has to win some sort of award for most irritating theme song and credits in the history of television.

10. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    What does Gordon know about hotels?

Still, entertaining show.

11. YCantAngieRead

Nov 5, 2003
    Same thing Tabatha Coffey knows about fro yo joints. :)

12. wendiness1

wendiness1 WiiMomma

Jul 29, 2005
    Idunno
    Missed it. Anybody know if it's scheduled to air again? Or where I can find it online?

13. Worf

Worf Active Member

Sep 15, 2000
    I'm sure it'll be on Hulu quick enough. It aired on Fox, after all.

Seems like Monday and Tuesday primetimes on Fox are dedicated to Gordon Ramsay.

And it's disarming to see him in casual clothes during this show - everytime he's on TV, he's usually wearing some sharp chef's outfit. Now it's a shirt, jeans and a turtleneck.

14. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    Raking leaves
    Yeah, I was disappointed in that, especially since the Hell's Kitchen graphics are so cool and Master Chef's looks so classy. Can't remember any of the Nightmare's.

15. DouglasPHill

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    I was disappointed that at the end of the show they did not have an update on the hotel "two months later" or something like that.

16. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    Agreed. It's one of the things that validates what you've just watched.

Restaurant:Impossible has changed too. It has a voiceover saying "If you'd like to know how X is doing, go to foodnetwork.com/RI."

I don't want to have to go into the other room to check. I want to know now!

17. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    OMG, I know! If I didn't have Tivo I'd go insane having to sit through some of that stuff. Enjoying the show, FWIW, anyway even though it has the same exact formula as all his other shows. I just can't quit the Gordon. :D

18. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Geocacher

Mar 5, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    The opening credits with Gordon in the black leather looked like they CGI'd his head onto someone else's body. His head looked huge. It was very odd.

After all the years of being snubbed I can't imagine locals flocking to the inn. Why go there to drink when there was obviously a local pub that many already enjoy?

19. DouglasPHill

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    Go there cause the cameras are there.

20. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Geocacher

Mar 5, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    And did we need to see Gordon strip down to take a bath? That was a scene that didn't seem to fit the show.