1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hoping To Improve Search Text Entry

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by grpaine5520, Aug 8, 2014.

1. grpaine5520

grpaine5520 New Member

Aug 8, 2014
    I just bought a Roamio (4 tuner) and plan on cutting my DirecTV cord later today. Everything seems to be working fine including using my Harmony 1 remote in place of the TiVo remote. One item I’d like to improve is entering text in the search field. It is a pain moving around to each character, one at a time.

Does anyone know if there is a way to program the Harmony 1 remote to cycle thru the alpha characters assigned to each number? i.e. pressing 2 once sends an A, twice a B, 3 times a C and the fourth time the 2? Like typing a text message on a cell phone.

I assume the TiVo Slide Pro remote can send alpha characters to the search field using the QWERTY keyboard but I do not want to invest $50 in another remote.
  2. eboydog

eboydog Just TiVo'ing.....

Mar 23, 2006
    Use a Apple or Android device with the TiVo app? That will give you the easier method to enter text, I don't believe there is a way to remap the standard remote numeric keypad.
  3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    You can always plug in a USB keyboard. Or, download a program called KMTTG to the computer, which has a remote function, as well as ability to download shows.