1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hope for Us Mac Peeps?

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream' started by gonzothegreat, Sep 17, 2012.

1. gonzothegreat

gonzothegreat New Member

Mar 16, 2012
    For those of us using the Mac we have relied heavily on iTivo to get our content off our boxes. Mountain Lion unfortunately breaks iTivo and there's not much happening on dev side right now.

Now that the Stream is available has anyone heard of hopes to bring a solution for the Mac user to pull content off?

2. Austin Bike

Austin Bike Member

Feb 9, 2003
    I would doubt it. If you can't stream to a PC today, it is unlikely that they would allow that cpability to a mac.

3. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Use kmttg.

iTivo is a really really bad app. I used it before I used kmttg.

4. global_dev

global_dev Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Northern VA
    I am using KMTTG on ML on a mid 2011 mac mini server. seems to work great.

5. seattlewendell

seattlewendell New Member

Jan 11, 2006
    You're asking for two very different things. You can't stream to PC with any official Tivo so it's not just because you're on Mac.
    But you also repeatedly used he phrase "pull content off". Thre are lots of products that do that, including the official TiVo product "TiVo Transfer" which ou can download from TiVo.com.

6. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Actually the only "official" way to transfer video files from a TiVo to a Mac is to use Roxio Toast Titanium. There is no free TiVo Transfer app for the Mac.

Dan

7. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Also, AFAIK (please correct me if I'm wrong), Toast only allows transfer *AND* conversion to another format (e.g. iPad) combination.. So you're in for very long transfers. Also, I don't think it allows any editing either.

So unfortunately, using kmttg + something like MPEG Streamclip (good editing ability, doesn't work with all shows) + for SOME shows mplayer and/or VLC (both play basically anything, they have horrible editing functionality) are what you've got.. But they're all free.

I'd gladly pay for a Mac product if it (1) transferred to/from a Mac, and (2) played EVERYTHING I could get off of a Tivo, AND (3) had good raw MPEG-2 editing (as good as my standalone XS32 recorder has).

8. gonzothegreat

gonzothegreat New Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Ultimately what I wants the speed of it all. Kmttg thus far has been good, it is just slow about one to one on download,decrypt, and encode. The stream is about 4 times faster, that's what I would like to tap into.