1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homeland | "Yoga Play" | 2013-10-27

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by markymark_ctown, Oct 28, 2013.

1. markymark_ctown

markymark_ctown Active Member

Oct 11, 2004
    C-Town
    Enjoyable episode. Thank god the Dana drama is over.

So just who is the Iranian head honcho who nabbed Carie?

2. Hank

Hank AC•FTW

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA
    He's the guy Saul has been chasing down who's been skimming $mil to fund terrorist activities.

3. markymark_ctown

markymark_ctown Active Member

Oct 11, 2004
    C-Town
    ah, didn't realize he's "the guy".

wouldn't the CIA be alerted that he's in the country? :)

4. Hank

Hank AC•FTW

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA
    The only person in the CIA that really knows who he is, is Saul (and the Muslim analyst).

And yes, Saul knows he's in the country.

The entire point is that this nobody knows who this guy is, but he's funding many other terrorist organizations (i.e. the six guys that got assassinated the same day). Saul and the analyst "followed the money" to figure out it's this guy that nobody else knows about/suspects.

eta: Didn't see your smiley.

5. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    He entered the country from Canada at a small border crossing in Vermont under a false identity and immediately changed cars. I guess the only way the CIA could know is if a camera caught his face at the border crossing and facial recognition ID'd him. I did not see any cameras that would have gotten a good view of his face, though.

6. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Is this going to be another season where one of the most wanted people in the world is going to travel around the Washington DC area unnoticed or undetected?

7. gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    This whole setup "play" really annoyed me. So we are to believe Carrie is as good an actress as Claire Danes? Don't think so.

8. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Well, all Carrie has to do is act all crazy and paranoid and freaking out.

Hopefully, that's a lot easier for her than it is for Danes! :D

9. Hank

Hank AC•FTW

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA
    But that's the point -- he's NOT one of the most wanted people in the world. To everyone else, he's just a rich owner of a soccer team. Nobody (in the US,except Saul, Carrie, Quinn, and the analyst) knows he's actually the financier of terrorism out of Iran and responsible for the attack at Langley.

The CIA took out the top 6 operatives of his organization at the same time (his "business associates" -- "take them, take them all"), but at that point they had no idea who was at the top.

10. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Who says it's over? What if emo kid stalks Dana?

11. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    If by "emo kid" you mean her crazy bf who had escaped the mental institution, I think that we can assume that he was arrested when Dana turned herself in to the responding officer.

12. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Sure, and he'll get out in 3,2,1.

They are predicting that Nick Brody will contact Dana first.

13. Hank

Hank AC•FTW

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA
    No, I think they're pushing Dana to a point where she becomes a "Patty Hearst" type. First, she's abducted as a negotiation pawn, but then flips and starts working with her abductors. Her abductors being the same group Brody is working for/with. So despite her anger for Brody, she ends up working with him, whatever he's doing. She's already predisposed to Islam.

14. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Ya think Jess should be P-O'd that they sold her Suburu? They're down to no car since Daddy's done blowed up.

How is Jess paying the bills anyway? I gotta believe that Nick's pension is no longer paying.

15. snowjay

snowjay 40mph couch potato

Mar 26, 2007
    Almost in...
    Do you think Carrie was made?

16. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    I'd guess not. When they switched from watching her to planning to kidnap her, the regular surveillance was withdrawn and the kidnappers kept themselves hidden pretty well.

Although if her duplicity (triplicity?) was not suspected before, it certainly is
    after the lie detector test.

17. Dawghows

Dawghows Active Member

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    The way I see it, she (Carrie) didn't have to do a whole lot of acting. All she really had to do was be herself, right up until she met with Nancy Botwin's second husband. That meeting was the only point at which she had to act against her real self, and by that point they (the bad guys) had pretty much already bought into her cover.

If the CIA needed me to, I could do a pretty convincing job of acting like a married, middle-aged director of technical design for an American textile manufacturer.

18. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...

Spoiler tag?

Wasn't that in the preview for next week?

19. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    My mistake. Fixed.

I'm not sure why you quoted me in the clear and then spoilerized your comment. You need to remove my quote or spoilerize it.

20. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    Done.