1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homeland S2E8 " I'll Fly Away" 11/18/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by babydoc214, Nov 19, 2012.

1. babydoc214

babydoc214 New Member

Oct 19, 2012
    I'm surprised, no thread about this episode yet!

Wow...for a minute I thought I was watching late night Cinemax. If that performance by Claire Danes doesn't merit an Emmy I don't know what will ;)

All in all a decent episode. Saul's expressions during the tap into the sex scene were priceless.

Wonder if Brody is going to be yet again turned this time by Abu Nazir, into what a triple or quadruple agent now? I'm losing track.

2. Hank

Hank AC•FTW

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA
    It's possible. I think the long trip out into nowhere was to make sure they weren't being tracked or followed, not that they think he's flipped sides. But it was to make us (the audience) think that they (Al Queda) think he has turned back. My guess is that Abu Nazi will attempt to talk Brody back down and back to their side again (or fill him in on more details of the attack). It's up to Brody to be convincing enough that he's still on their side.

But I could be entirely wrong. That's just how I think it will play out.

3. rahnbo

rahnbo Active Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Florida
    Did anyone else hear the Airwolf theme song going through their head when that chopper came in? OK just me. I was bored and think I enjoyed the SNL skit of Homeland last week better than the last two episodes of the actual show.

4. mooseAndSquirrel

mooseAndSquirrel Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Whatsamatta U
    I agree that the last two episodes have been rather plodding.

5. brebeans

brebeans New Member

Sep 5, 2003
    Do we know he's not? I know he's conflicted and, seemingly, is ok working for "us". However, it could be that he just made a deal.

He has seemed to be stressed and very conflicted and 'ready to give', but I'm still not convinced he's on "our" side or a "good" guy.

I agree, too, that the last two episodes have a been plodding a bit. However, they do need to develop the twists, turns and "new" storylines, so I'm hoping that this is all part of keep the show as tremendous as it's been!

6. brebeans

brebeans New Member

Sep 5, 2003
    Above post was a response to THIS quote, not the other.

sorry.

7. Hank

Hank AC•FTW

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA
    I think he is on our side, because the only way to ensure his freedom is to help stop the attack. If he ends up giving false or misleading data that doesn't led to stopping the attack, I think the deal is off and he'd still be tried for treason.

I think he's seen AN's true colors as a real terrorist with the Gettysburg masacre and the seemingly fake trip to save (i.e. kill) the tailor. They're also keeping him in the total dark (pun intended) about the plot, and he does not like know what he is or isn't a part of. So yeah, I think he's turned back.

It's also entirely possible that he confesses to AN that he's working for the CIA now, but as a double/triple/super double secret/whatever agent. I don't think he's supplied any real info to the agency yet, has he? IOW, he's infiltrating the CIA to help AN,but it's still unknown (to us) who he *really* is working for. But I think he's past the logical phase, and is really cracking.

8. mooseAndSquirrel

mooseAndSquirrel Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Whatsamatta U
    Also, Carrie put into his head that he could undo everything with the capture of Nazir. She gave him hope for some future. That was the best part of this episode. I liked Brody's face and his question, "even what I did to you?" And if his hot wife tosses him out, he has a hot CIA agent who seems to f like an animal.

9. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    He gave up the reporter and I believe he told them that the tailor was dead. On the other hand, he hasn't mentioned his theft of the magic encryption keys on paper.

10. billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    Or the fact that he saved Nazir's life.

11. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    I hope we are done with the whole hit and run sub-plot now. Boy, Brody is going to have an interesting conversation when he gets home.

12. dwells

dwells Active Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Birmingham, Al
    You guys are a tough crowd- I thought this was another great episode- shocked that some didn't like it

13. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Cheese und crackers! Nazzir is inside the US - wearing his no turban disguise! Great job TSA!

Stay tuned as we see if Nazzir can lure Brody back to the fold while Carrie watches and knows all.

Or they know that Brody is working with the CIA so they tell him the plot is the exact opposite of what it really is.

How amazing izzit that a national war here member of congress can go all over da place and nobody recognizes him? This when he was recognized in the Gettysburg diner the first time he visited.

Don' cha think that by the 16th time that Carrie refused a direct order not to get close or get out of the van or say anything they would stop letting her leave mission control?

So she brought Brody to the safe house (motel) and was surprised that they were listening in?

Now Jesse knows that Brody is seeing Blondie.

14. stellie93

stellie93 Active Member

Feb 25, 2006
    I wondered about that. When she was first questioning him I was waiting for him to tell her that. Doesn't that list contain the probable target for their attack? I wasn't sure what it really was. Did he just leave it out because it was a crime on his part and he figured he'd never be free if he confessed it?

Definitely this.

When AN came walking out of the dark, did anyone else think it might be Saul? Not possible unless the time sequence was way off, but I still wouldn't be shocked to have him be a double agent. I've seen 24--there has to be a mole. ;)

15. Hank

Hank AC•FTW

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Yes, but Estes instead. At one point, my g/f thought Estes was a double agent.

16. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    He still denies ever wearing an explosive vest (bomber jacket). ;)

LOL! Or the "reverse-Superman" (ie, remove glasses for disguise).

Instead of blowing up a building, they plan to construct a building ... shades of the "Ground Zero Mosque".

I have loved each and every episode.

17. markp99

markp99 TakoKichi TCF Club

Mar 21, 2002
    Nashua, NH
    So, what's the story with Dana's shoes? Is that a thing now?

[​IMG]

I don't get it. :)

18. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    If the CIA hasn't already figured out something fishy happened -- while Estes left Brody alone in his office while Roya distracted Estes -- and questioned Brody about it, then the CIA is run by imbeciles. I guess we can only assume that Brody did explain details like that to someone off-screen.

Anyway, knowing that the terrorists had a copy of the file on DHS probable terrorist targets is not helpful. The list already contained probable terrorist targets. So, now they know that the terrorists are likely targeting probable terrorist targets! :rolleyes:

19. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    This was discussed when the list was stolen. I assumed the same thing. The theory was that the list has assessments of security at potential target sites and also would help them learn which targets they might not know about.

20. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    I think that was my theory you are talking about from that discussion, isn't it?

My point in my previous post was NOT that getting the list did not help the terrorists (I expect it did help them). My point was that the CIA knowing that the terrorists have the list is not helpful in determining what target the terrorists will strike.