1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homeland S03E06 "Still Positive" OAD 2013-11-03 ***spoilers***

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeAndrews, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Nov 3, 2013 #1 of 65
    MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Well, that went fast.

That Javadi is a bad man.

I was waiting for Quinn or Carrie or Saul to just put a bullet in Javadi's head, but Saul breaking his nose will be OK for now.

So who is Carrie's baby Daddy? The guy on the stairs who she hid out with?

Can we hope that Dana moving out means that we won't see her again and Brody won't be able to get in touch with her?

It looked like Mom had no problem getting another car. Maybe she signed a book contract.

2. Nov 4, 2013 #2 of 65
    busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    That's not just perception. The episode ended at around the 45 minute mark, leaving 15 minutes of filler at the end of the recording.

There were a lot of positive tests in that drawer. Assuming that she took at most one a day, I think it predates that dude by quite a bit.

I think we have to assume it's Brody's. I can't imagine why they would have it not be.

How long was the gap between seasons 2 and 3? Is it small enough for it to be believable that she's not showing?

3. Nov 4, 2013 #3 of 65
    john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Saul wants something from him, and he knows it. That is why he thought he could get away with just killing those people to annoy Saul -- he knew Saul needs him alive.

A bad man, indeed.

But I don't understand why he thought he could manage to commit the murders in the first place. Carrie told him the house was under watch (and she believed it at the time), so he had to assume that Carrie was lying about that, or else he would have been followed to that house and stopped before going in. But why would he think Carrie was lying? With that operation, he would have to assume (as Carrie did) that there were people following Carrie.

4. Nov 4, 2013 #4 of 65
    MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Is the time lapse small enough that Carrie could spend months confined in the mental ward of a hospital getting strong psychotropic drugs and they never did a pregnancy test on her?

Another flaw: Saul and Carrie dreamt up the plot to out Javardi and put it into motion BEFORE Saul had Farka(?) trace the money in Venezuela and tie to Javardi - but Carrie knew all about it.

5. Nov 4, 2013 #5 of 65
    john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Saul could have filled Carrie in on everything when she came to his home.

6. Nov 4, 2013 #6 of 65
    Hank

Hank AC•FTW

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA
    I don't get the used pregnancy test sticks... there had to be 30 or more used ones in that drawer. Does she think it's going to "go away"? I'd think once she tested positive, she really wouldn't need to keep testing, unless she's trying to do a home abortion via Plan B or some other chemical method (or stress).

7. Nov 4, 2013 #7 of 65
    john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Carrie is not entirely rational about things, especially when it comes to her personal life.

8. Nov 4, 2013 #8 of 65
    DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Yeah and at like $15 a test that's around $500, pile that on top of her portion of the bills she must've piled up in the psych ward, and rent on a pretty decent apartment in the DC area, what is she making per year??

I really hope Dana changing her name and leaving home is her exit from the show. Although a few episodes back we did see her trying out her Dad's prayer rug, and we don't know who this friend of hers is who picked her up.

9. Nov 4, 2013 #9 of 65
    zalusky

zalusky Active Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    Perhaps she is off to terrorist training camp!

10. Hank

Hank AC•FTW

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA
    I said to my g/f she's off to an Islam Youth camp (not terrorist related).

11. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    She is the definition of insanity. :D

I wonder if Mrs. Saul knows how lucky she is that she didn't succeed at provoking him into anger?

12. stellie93

stellie93 Active Member

Feb 25, 2006
    I knew when he had them take the cuffs off he was going to hit him. That was a well placed blow, though. And Peyton Manning would envy that quick release. ;)

13. stellie93

stellie93 Active Member

Feb 25, 2006
    I'm a little slow--I got this the second time I read it without looking up the definition. :D

14. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    So your insanity is justified?

15. markymark_ctown

markymark_ctown Active Member

Oct 11, 2004
    C-Town
    Another '24' callback...the baby's name was "Behrooz"...the same name as the '24' Season 4 teenager.

Anyway, I liked the episode, mostly for the Carrie / Saul plot, but Dana is moving out!

16. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Denial.

17. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    I caught that too. I paused to laugh at his name and to remember his mother, Mrs. Araz. Beyrooooooooz.

I also don't see how they could have not done a pregnancy test (as part of a blood workup)at the psych ward.

That was a pretty brutal murder scene. Trained killers like Quinn were repulsed. I assume that baby has a father that's somewhere. Quick thinking by Carrie to put him in the playpen, though I suppose that detail could come back to bite them.

18. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Javadi's son, you mean?

19. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    Yep.

20. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    I think they said that Susan was divorced (or mentioned her ex-husband and that she does not have her married name any more), so it is a good bet he is still alive. Although I suppose it is possible he died and she changed her name back. But why would she take his name in the first place? If Javadi's ex-wife was supposed to be in witness protection, I would think Javadi's son would also be, and he (and his wife) would not be using his real name. Maybe she took a false name while in WP and then changed back to her previous name after he died?