1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hmmmmm, could THIS be a clue.......

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by HarperVision, Aug 19, 2013.

1. HarperVision

HarperVision TiVo's Italian Cuz!

May 14, 2007
    Paradise...
    From here:

http://www.multichannel.com/distribution/charter-swap-out-leased-tivo-boxes/144908

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    TiVo showed something at the cable show back in June where their UI was in a web browser. I wonder if this is what "CloudTV H5" is?

3. HarperVision

May 14, 2007
    Paradise...
    My interest was piqued when I read the "Roku" comment!

4. HarperVision

May 14, 2007
    Paradise...
    That could be something similar to how Slingbox does it via web that TiVo may offer as a feature.

5. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
  6. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Yeah that was the thing I was talking about. Forgot what it was called. Apparently it was exactly this that they showed at the cable show. :)

7. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I think this is probably not the technology TiVo would leverage for their "TiVoToGo Cloud Service". ActiveVideo actually renders everything in the Cloud and just streams video including the UI directly from the Cloud. TiVo has been talking up their investment in "Cloud technology" for quite some time during their investor calls so I think the personal cloud stuff will be the first retail reflection of that investment. The ActiveVideo stuff is what Charter is considering moving to in order to light-up legacy set-top boxes with a more modern UI/Ux.

8. tomhorsley

tomhorsley Active Member

Jul 22, 2010
    The UI in a browser would be wonderful, especially if I could connect to the TiVo directly over the network with a web browser in order to control the thing. Then TiVo wouldn't need separate apps for every platform, you'd just use a web browser (which would mean it would work on linux and windows too, not just android and ios).