1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HIMYM S07E21 "Now We're Even" 04/16/2012

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by busyba, Apr 17, 2012.

1. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Great ep, but I'm sorry, from what I understand, there's absolutely no way a non-pilot can be talked down in a helicopter.

Fixed wing aircraft, sure, but operating a helicopter is a balancing act involving you doing something completely different with each hand (as well as some stuff with your feet, I think). It's a death trap even for experienced pilots. :) It should have spun out of control as soon as the pilot went out.

A pilot friend of mine told me once that in training for fixed-wind aircraft they teach you emergency techniques in case you are going to crash, and in helicopter training they teach you emergency techniques for when you are going to crash. :D

2. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Great callback with Ted getting digits in a dress! Loved it.

3. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Active Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    Yeah. I'm not a pilot but even I knew with Robin having both hands on the cyclic there were no hands on the collective & throttle lever. Even if her feet were doing the right thing that's a recipe for a crash.

4. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I liked the development of the Barney/Quinn storyline----with him both psyched and anxious about her being a stripper.

5. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Yeah, even with Barney's personality, it seemed so strange that he was so excited about her being a stripper... then the revelation made sense (which is I guess how I expect everyone would feel).

6. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Loved all the words on the screen gags.

7. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I didn't even remember that this was a callback until I read Sepinwall's recap.

Enjoyed the episode, and thought Barney's anxiety about Quinn's profession was very realistic.