1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HIMYM - No Questions Asked - OAD 10/28/2013

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by jeff92k7, Oct 29, 2013.

1. jeff92k7

jeff92k7 Annoyed with trolls

Jan 18, 2006
    on planet earth
    You may now commence complaining....

Summary comment: "Filler"

Expanded comment: Nice purple unitard. This was the first time I noticed something dramatically purple in the episode. I know others have commented about lots of purple, but I guess I've missed it before.

I also noticed that the toy car was still on the staircase.

2. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Geocacher

Mar 5, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    Ok, I'll start the complaints.

Dumb. Smashing her phone won't delete the text message, she can still get it online. Just ask her for her phone, no questions asked, and delete the message.

This show feels like work to me now. And still no sign of the mother.

3. TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    You know, I wouldn't have the first clue on how to get a text message on line and I am pretty tech savvy. I doubt that either character on the show would know either.

Remember, it is what the CHARACTERS are thinking, not what you are thinking.

4. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    "You deuced your pants didn't you?"

5. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    So what was/wasn't in the letter that caused Ted to go postal...

6. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Geocacher

Mar 5, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    Even if you didn't know whether or not your carrier has that option, let's look at it the other way. What person would think to destroy someone's phone instead of just asking for their phone and manually deleting the message? It is dumb, no matter what.

7. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I liked the concept of "No Questions Asked." That seems like something we would have seen in the early days of the show. But now it just seems wasted on this shell of what used to be a great show.

I did see on the previews for next week that
    the Mother should be returning.

8. Mr. Soze

Mr. Soze On my best behaviour

Nov 1, 2002
    La Cheeserie
    Yep. I actually bailed about 10 minutes in. It was the antithesis of entertainment. :(

9. TampaThunder

TampaThunder Active Member

Apr 8, 2003
    Tampa, FL
    If this show didn't have a laugh track telling me what's supposed to be funny I'd be lost.

10. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Active Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    It looked like they used a body double for Alyson Hannigan when she left the room in her nightgown.

11. verdugan

verdugan Active Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    They showed Ted reading the letter before mailing it.

He was his usual self and falling head over heels at first sight. He wrote that to a girl who was in line at the drugstore in front of him. He overheard her address when she was talking with the pharmacist.

12. TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Yeah. Too bad that this is an intellectual drama. Heat of the moment, he reacted. Done. I guess everything you've ever done in your life is weighed and measured.

You are overthinking this.

13. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I don't know anyone who would destroy an expensive smartphone, no questions asked.

14. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    yeah I remember that. Then I thought I missed a part where he didn't leave his address/phone to reply or somesuch and then when into the mailbox to retrieve the letter but you're saying he just regretted being impulsive which also makes sense.

15. 2004raptor

2004raptor time to emancipate

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    Much better than last week. Not the best episode but a few laughs here and there. Definitely "filler" but I'm guessing that's what the show has become until the last episode or so.

16. verdugan

verdugan Active Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    If by impulsive, you mean being Ted, then yes. :D

17. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I keep thinking, they would have been better off doing an 8 episode season rather than this drivel. I'm so sick of Marshall's road trip. I know it was contrived because of his other contractual obligations but it seems so FORCED (and it doesn't help that I think his driving partner is such an annoying character).

I'll say it again, when did Robin become such a self absorbed d-bag? They are trying WAY too hard to make her into a Barney clone. To me the whole reason it worked is because she ISN'T Barney. She would set him straight. Now she just does what he does.

Smashing the phone = dumb. I agree with that, but so were each of them coming up with some hairbrained scheme to get into the bedroom, and NOBODY thought to check to see if Lilly was in the room before trying to go in? The writing on this show is usually better than that.

18. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    I was surprised to see Marshall and Lilly in the same shot in one scene. His other scenes "with" other main actors, they were never in the same shot and were back and forth edits from different cameras. Like between Marshall and Ted in the mailbox, you never saw them at the same time. I'm guessing they didn't shoot that scene together.

The whole Marshall thing is just weird.

Lilly's reaction at the end was incredibly lame, on a plot level, a writing/dialog level, and an acting level. Just bad.

19. USAFSSO

USAFSSO New Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Las Cruces, NM
    I believe you're thinking of Marie in Breaking Bad. :p

20. sushikitten

sushikitten 143 down, ??? to go! TCF Club

Jan 27, 2005
    DC-ish Suburbia
    I was going to say the same thing.

I actually liked this ep better than last week but I've always liked back stories like that.