1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HIMYM. New episodes?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by 2004raptor, Oct 31, 2012.

1. 2004raptor

2004raptor time to emancipate

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    My Dvr (Comcast, not TiVo) has only recorded the first 2 or 3 of the current season. Nothing since. Has there been new episodes on? Looking back through the DVR manager it had some. Weird error on one show that was new this past Monday but the Monday before that it showed a repeat. I also couldn't find it OnDemand and I didn't see any new threads here?

2. robojerk

robojerk Active Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    I think Monday's episode was rescheduled due to the storm or something..

3. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    They have been new every week except this week, which was preempted as robojerk said, due to the hurricane.

4. 2004raptor

2004raptor time to emancipate

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    Thanks. Guess ill have to download the whole season to see what I've missed.

5. lambertman

lambertman To see you, Nice

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
    There have been four new eps so far this year; Recall that October 22 was a rerun as well because of the debate.

From epguides.com:

161 8-01 24/Sep/12 Farhampton
    162 8-02 01/Oct/12 The Pre-Nup
    163 8-03 08/Oct/12 Nannies
    164 8-04 15/Oct/12 Who Wants to Be a Godparent?

6. garyh

garyh Mizzou-Rah

Jan 15, 2004
    Theres a...
    And they awesomely kept the new ep. in the Guide on Monday, so when that ep. actually airs, my stupid DVR will think it is a duplicate and not record it without manual intervention.

7. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Active Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    The cancelled ep is in the guide for next Monday and my TiVo shows it as being recorded

edit: To Do List shows a different episode, so I'll probably have to set it manually once that updates.

8. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    There wasn't really much they could do about that. They didn't make the decision to pull the new episode and air a rerun until late in the afternoon on Monday. Even if they had been able to get the guide data corrected in time, it's unlikely your DVR would have received the correction before the show was scheduled to air.

9. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    There have only been like 3 episodes so far, so I am not sure you have missed much.

10. garyh

garyh Mizzou-Rah

Jan 15, 2004
    Theres a...
    No doubt there, I wonder if there is a way they can change the data for the re-air so the DVR thinks it is a different episode. Listing it as first run will help, but I think the DVR will still see it as a duplicate. Maybe the DVR (programmers) is smarter than I give it credit for.

The DVR friendly solution would have been for CBS to run the same episode two weeks in a row, but that would have messed up the ratings and $