1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HIMYM - Knight Vision 10/21/13

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by 2004raptor, Oct 22, 2013.

1. 2004raptor

2004raptor time to emancipate

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    OK, I'll start it.

Wow that was bad. Not a laugh whatsoever. And I'm one of the ones that doesn't care about the mother. Wouldn't have cared if she were introduced in the last 30 seconds of the last show. I've been in it for the laughs but this episode was done...Poorly. :p

2. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Geocacher

Mar 5, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    The only part that got a chuckle out of me was when the Knight was frantically waving 'no!'.

It is obvious this is an add-on season, and they are just filling space. It is frustrating.

3. smak

smak TV MA SLV

Feb 11, 2000
    NoHo, CA USA
    You know one thing that can help an add-on season for a show in it's 9th season.

A new character.

WTF?

-smak-

4. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    The Ghost Knight was the only funny part of the EP. I'm going to appropriate the 'He chose poorly' for my own use. :) After the 5-6th time of the dubbed voice for Lily, 30 second fwded to the next scene.

5. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I still enjoy the show.

My first reaction to the priest or whatever he is -- who is that guy, he does the voiceover for EVERYTHING. Then, after looking at the guest stars for the episode while I was in the middle of the episode --- WOW, Edward Hermann got really old!!!

6. TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
  7. alpacaboy

alpacaboy Active Member

Oct 29, 2004
    I love Anna Camp so I'm good with this episode.

And I thought she had a funny delivery when she was mounting Ted and sobbing.

8. late for dinner

late for dinner Past Expiration Date

May 17, 2013
    Colorado...
    I keep coming back to see how bad it getting, and like a train wreck I can't stop watching.

9. billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    Whenever I get annoyed with the show, I like to remember how terrible some of season 9/10 of Friends was, with over the top caricatures, stupid guest stars, 'expanded' episodes. It helps me put in perspective how hard it is to do a long running sitcom. And then I can watch and simply enjoy those parts that are funny just by themselves, without comparing it to past events.

Anna Camp was great in this. Hot AND funny. Barney and Robin got called out for being horrible people. The Lily voiceover was funny, at least for a little while.

10. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    I may be in the minority, but I thought Camp was terrible. She looked like she was struggling to act upset.

Barney and Robin did get called out, but not in a way they were aware of. I empathize with Edward Hermann's character. :)

I did like switching Lilly's voice for Daphne; that was a very HIMYM joke, and it was funny. And I liked the idea of Marshall and Lilly playing Barney and Robin and vice versa in the flashbacks. I would have enjoyed a little more of that.

Having the whole season take place on the wedding weekend at the inn is really messing with time. Barney has changed suits three times now, and only a few hours of the first day have gone by.

Everything is still purple, but a bit less than in previous weeks.

11. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    Wow. Harsh words. I thought it was one of the better episodes of the season. I enjoyed Marshall trying out his talk, and I enjoyed a couple of other moments.

12. billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    Well, I did lead with Hot. ;)

13. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Too bad young Marshall wasn't eating a sandwich. That would have been a nice callback.

14. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    For a season that started off with such promise the last few episodes were pretty bad. I did like the ghost knight. That was the best part. I'm not quite sure where I know Anna Camp (I guess that's the actress who played the sobber) but I thought she was trying too hard to hysterically crying. I even remarked to my wife that that cry sounded so fake.

Was Robin this much of a self absorbed jerk early in the series? She's really turned into that and I'm not liking it. She did look REALLY good in that white dress though.

15. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I also liked the Knight. I also liked that Robin and Barney owned up to their messy history. It's not like them to be ashamed of that. It was a total sitcom cliche that this ended up killing Edward Hermann's character, though. The rest of the episode, with Ted constantly getting stuck with the blonde, was pretty lame.

16. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Anna Camp was in True Blood. Plus a lot of other guest appearances.

17. smak

smak TV MA SLV

Feb 11, 2000
    NoHo, CA USA
    She had multi episode arcs on Mad Men and The Good Wife.

-smak-

18. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    The laugh track when the reverend died was a little much.

I enjoyed Lilly's dubbed voice.

Did it seem to anyone else like the reverend's office was on the grounds of the Farhampton inn?

Anna Camp seemed to have trouble with comedic crying.

In addition to the other shows mentioned, she was on the first season of The Mindy Project. Yes, I watch that show. Say what you want, but this season it's been funnier than HIMYM this season.

19. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    In addition to Reverend Newlin's (ex)wife in True Blood and the other appearances mentioned here, she was Pam's maid of honor on The Office.

20. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Geocacher

Mar 5, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    Anna Camp is one of those actresses where I immediately recognize her, but then have no idea where I know her from.

The Mindy Project is one of the best comedies on TV right now.