1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hide the apps that have appeared in "My Programs"?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by slimjim867, Jun 19, 2013.

1. slimjim867

slimjim867 New Member

Sep 20, 2005
    So, I have MLB.TV, AOL something or other, Youtube and something else.
    They already are in another menu (find TV etc.) if i need to use them. I would like to remove them from "My Programs".

2. chiguy50

chiguy50 Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Atlanta, GA

You can de-select them at TiVo Central --> Settings & Messages --> Settings --> Channels --> My Video Providers.

It's not very intuitive, but that's where they've hid this function on the Series 4.

3. slimjim867

slimjim867 New Member

Sep 20, 2005
    Thank you. I will pursue that and post my results.

4. muzzymate

muzzymate Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Cleveland
    Won't this hide them from his Find TV menu as well? I read that he wanted them removed from the My Shows menu only. For that, i do not believe you can do.

5. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Why would you want them in the Find TV menu if you don't want them in My Shows....:rolleyes:

6. slimjim867

slimjim867 New Member

Sep 20, 2005
    Simple.
    I can drill over to them if i need them instead of constantly haqving them clutter up "my shows". My other Tivo and my external HDD are below those apps so they are always in my way.

7. slimjim867

slimjim867 New Member

Sep 20, 2005
    Thats ok, i can live without them.

8. slimjim867

slimjim867 New Member

Sep 20, 2005
    Thank you for your help.
    The other poster was correct. The apps are removed from both places. I can live with that.

9. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    Yeah, well, had we not SCREAMED at TiVo we wouldn't have been able to do that either... since at first they neglected to give us the option to turn them off <grumble grumble>

10. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    They should consolidate them all into a single My Shows folder called "Apps" and then make that pull up a list of all the apps. When it was just Netflix it was fine, but now there are like 8 different apps with links at the bottom of My Shows. It's getting cluttered.

11. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    I almost totally agree with you. And then once grouped under one directory, move it out of "My shows" because they are NOT my shows, they are apps. They belong under "SHowcases & Apps" or perhaps even another main menu entry.

12. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Or stick them up in the Discovery Bar area under as one of the squares to actually make that wasted space somewhat more useful.

13. slimjim867

slimjim867 New Member

Sep 20, 2005
    Thank you all for your input.
    BTW....
    I turned to the forum for help after a TSR told me on the phone that it could not be done.:eek:

14. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Now THERE'S a surprise...

15. JWhites

JWhites New Member

May 14, 2013
    Oh quit ragging on TiVo already, you guys sound like cranky old men.

It would be nice to hide the apps in the My Shows menu and just have it in the Find Shows section, and maybe someday they'll change that, but in the meantime I just learned to live with it and accept it and moved on.

16. CrispyCritter

CrispyCritter Purple Ribbon Wearer

Feb 28, 2001
    North...
    One user interface feature that often gets overlooked and hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet, is that the ADVANCE button takes you to the end of most TiVo menu lists, including My Shows. Rather than going down through all the extra junk (and your long ago recorded saved shows that you don't really need to see either), just hit ADVANCE to take you to your remote devices. Even if the apps weren't there, it's still easier to hit ADVANCE.

17. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    Get off my lawn, you whipper-snapper!

18. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Too many asshats here....I'm leaving...

19. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    Hmm.... I guess the "******" count went down by one then?

20. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Geez...lighten up....a joke, man....