1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HGTV Star - all season thread w/ spoilers

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by jradosh, Jun 26, 2013.

1. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    So they changed the name from "Design Star" to "HGTV Star" and my season pass didn't pick it up. I just started watching... still seems like it's focused on designers, so why the name change? :confused:

Anyone watching?

Nothing to add except Vern Yip is getting old. I guess that means I am too. :eek:

2. nirisahn

nirisahn Active Member TCF Club

Nov 19, 2005
    Denver area
    I want Boris to go home. He's too annoying to watch. I can't imagine watching any show he'd be hosting.

I can't imagine watching the teacher from Brooklyn either, but I love his designs.

3. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    Agreed. He's creepy.

I think I could watch him. Once you get past the look he's actually a pretty good communicator/performer and I like his aesthetic.

4. Fl_Gulfer

Fl_Gulfer Tivo's R Us

May 27, 2005
    Fl.Gulf
    I can't believe Boris lasted this long, I think the show is fixed. He should have went the other night.

5. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    For once with these make-over challenges, I wish the judges would go to the families and ask them if they feel the same way as they do. The families gushing over the "newness" of the made-over room serves no point (except to give that warm-fuzzy feeling, but that ends up feeling fake after the judges destroy the rooms in the critique).

Did whatshisname really have time to finish the grout on that tile back splash? It looked like he barely got the tiles up when the time expired. #magicoftv

No complaints with who they sent home, but Boris' "custom wine rack" was ugly and very impractical. That was worthy of a booting too. /shrugs

6. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    Raking leaves
    He looks .... diabolical.