1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with transfer of shows

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by lukewind, Oct 29, 2013.

1. lukewind

lukewind New Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Tomorrow I will be getting a replacement Tivo Roamio becasue my original box can't hold a wifi connection for longer then 1 minute it seemed.

Anyways since I have had the Roamio it has a ton of shows recorded on it already I don't have the time to watch all those shows before the new one gets here and I have to send the broken one back.

My question is what is the best way to transfer my shows from one Roamio to another? Only one will be activated so I don't know if I can transfer like that. Any suggestion on how to do this guys?
  2. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    You can't transfer from one Tivo to another unless both boxes are activated.
  3. caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    You can use Kmttg to down load non copy protected programs to your computer and pytivo to upload them back to the tivo.
  4. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    If it can't do WiFi, what about a wired Ethernet connection?

You could put it near the router and hook them together with some CAT5 or 6, and download non-copy protected shows to a PC via TiVo Desktop or the other stuff recommended here without having to have that TiVo connected to a TV.
  5. cosmicvoid

cosmicvoid Tivo noob

Oct 13, 2013
    If you try to go this route, let me know how it works for you.

I have been attempting this very procedure, and I find the transfer speed from PC to the Roamio is very slow, but it seems to work. You can look at my thread:
  6. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    I assure you, your experience is in no way typical.
  7. lukewind

lukewind New Member

Jan 18, 2011
    thanks for the suggestions, I think I will call Tivo up and see if I can activate the new one just for a few days so I can transfer all my stuff over.
  8. lukewind

lukewind New Member

Jan 18, 2011
    The ethernet did not work either, the whole network part of the hardware is just screwed.