1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Streambaby & WHS 2011

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by moxyman, Apr 6, 2012.

1. moxyman

moxyman New Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Hey guys. I am running WHS2011 on my network and I cant seem to get stream baby (0.29 plus additional CC config options) to work on my Premiere Elite (software version: 20.2-01-2-758). When I first installed it back in January, it worked for a week or so, and then it just stopped. When I clicked on the streambaby service I got an error that it couldn't start.

Then last week I had to reinstall WHS2011 on my server. So once i got it all up and running again I installed streambaby (and java) again. I ran the bat file and it said there was a problem with my FFmpeg (i belive) so i added the suggest line "com.unwiredappeal.tivo.vm.ffjava.FFmpegJavaVideoModule=false" to the .ini file. At that point the it said the service was running and i could see "StreamBabyStream" on my tivo.

But when i went to start it my tivo just remained at the "PLEASE WAIT SCREEN" until I eventually exited. I ran the bat again the next day (and i haven't installed it as a service yet) but it says its "ready and listening" and i no longer get the FFMpeg error:

[​IMG]

However "Stream Baby Stream" doesnt show up on my Premiere Elite anymore. So again the tivo isnt seeing streambaby. I have tried changing the title in the .ino to see if a change would somehow reset it but that hasnt worked.

I dont know if its a problem with WHS2011, or Tivo, or even my router. But i dont understand why it worked for a while then stopped, and then sort of worked, and now doesnt work at all when I havent changed anything on my end. I am very much a noob to all this so im hoping somebody here has faced this problem and can help or point me in the right direction. Any help would be truly appreciated. I tried to give all the info I thought would help and also included my streambaby .ini info below if that will help.

Thanks guys!

---------INI FILE---------------
    com.unwiredappeal.tivo.vm.ffjava.FFmpegJavaVideoModule=false

dir.1=d:\ServerFolders\Videos
    dir.1.name=My Videos

title=Erics Server

tivo.username=(myemail)
    tivo.password=(mypassword)

2. tomm1079

tomm1079 New Member

May 10, 2005
    Its a firewall issue. I just went through this with a WHS 2011 fresh install last weekend.

Once i disabled the firewall i was good to go.

3. moxyman

moxyman New Member

Aug 31, 2005
    That did work, but isnt there a way just to unblock the service instead of turing off the whole firewall?

4. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    Why are you running a firewall on a LAN server? Isn't your LAN secure? If not, I suggest you make it so.

5. tomm1079

tomm1079 New Member

May 10, 2005
    Thats the same idea i go by.

If you really need it without you need to open the port. If you read the console output it will tell you the default port