1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with MOCA networking

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by fetorr, Feb 22, 2013.

1. fetorr

fetorr New Member

Feb 22, 2013
    I have two TiVo Premiere 4 boxes running off MoCa network through an Actiontec MoCa Adapter ECB 2500c without any problem.

I have a second Actiontec MoCa Adapter ECB 2500c. I am trying to connect this adapter to one of my wall coax connections upstairs to then connect via ethernet to a second router (for improved wi-fi as the main motorola modem/router is located in the basement and has poor signal upstairs).

Is this even possible? Am I even making any sense?

Thanks!

2. Bigg

Bigg Active Member

Oct 30, 2003
    Hartford-...
    Yup. The MoCA has nothing to do with anything, at that point, just assume it's an Ethernet cable. Disable DHCP, give it a non-conflicting IP address, and you're good to go. There are hundreds of articles online about this topic, excluding the irrelevant MoCA part.

3. fetorr

fetorr New Member

Feb 22, 2013
  4. Bigg

Bigg Active Member

Oct 30, 2003
    Hartford-...
    No problem. I did that for years, my parents still have that setup (except with Ethernet for the backbone). Works great for larger houses, or where you have devices that are ornery and only like certain routers.