1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with converting a kmttg file with videoredo...

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by samsgood, Aug 21, 2012.

1. samsgood

samsgood New Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Hey all

When converted a file that was decrypted by kmttg, I am using videoredo. Now, I want the file to be converted to H264 (mp4) but I find the output file to be laggy with extreme pixelation. I noticed the option for "advanced options" in videoredo and I see something about quality from original file --> mp4 being set at a default of 70 percent. Should I raise that to 100 percent or something? Or is there something else I can do? Yes, I want the file size to be down considerably but not at the cost of this much lagging and pixel issues.

2. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    You can certainly try that ... although I've found you really need to play around with the profile settings to get them just the way you want to get an acceptable file size/quality trade-off. Here's a thread I found on the VideoReDo forums that might help too:

http://www.videoredo.net/msgBoard/showthread.php?t=29684

3. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    I've never had any problems whatsoever using the default VRD options for h.264 in a .mp4 container. You don't specify your playback device. Are these files being sent back to the TiVo?