1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with adding elite to my account

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by dsnotgood, Nov 15, 2012.

1. dsnotgood

dsnotgood New Member

Aug 25, 2010
    I currently have 2 premieres on my account with lifetime. Recently I got a new used elite but can't add it to my account because it has a free 1 year sub on it. I can add it to my account after the sub runs out but until then...it has to stay under the previous owners account. Any ideas on what I can do with this? I really want to be able to view / stream videos from the other 2 tivos in my house.

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Call. They can do all sorts of stuff on their end that you can't do yourself on their website.

Dan

3. dsnotgood

dsnotgood New Member

Aug 25, 2010
    I already did. They said it cannot be transferred because it was a free 1 yr sub contest so I have to wait until it expires to add it to my account with a paid sub

4. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Are you trying to retain the 1 year? Or just get the TiVo transferred by any means necessary? If you want to retain the 1 year then they might be right. If you're willing to lose the 1 year to get it on your account they should be able to do that.

Dan

5. dsnotgood

dsnotgood New Member

Aug 25, 2010

Thats what I thought too but they said I had to wait until the 1 year expired. I guess I will live without any network options for a few months of free service.