I never thought of that, but I did find the backup copy and deleted it first thing. I actually had to do that before I had enough room to copy the bufferhack patched version to /tvbin. At one point, I had deleted every copy of tivoapp and its ilk I could find, even causing all the links to tivoapp to break. I use Midnight Commander (old Norton Commander type clone) to telnet from my Linux machine to the DTivo and it easily shows all the programs that link to tivoapp. I'm lucky I didn't reboot before I found that I had a drive capacity problem. I did a ffind for tivoapp and nothing else showed up. But I am still down to only 443 blocks free on the root drive. Scary. So, best I can still see is that I started with about 22 megs free, ended up with a patched tivoapp and no space free. I can't see where anything else has changed. I haven't found any more tivoapp.* files or tivoapp*.* files and I haven't found any files the same _size_ as the tivoapp file. I probably did run superpatch a couple of times, so maybe I can find where superpatch puts its working copy and what it names it. I'll study on the code and see what I can find. Thank you SO much for all the information, but I still can't find where the space went. But I haven't given up looking.