1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help... Serious connection issues

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by CAdidas333, Oct 26, 2012.

1. CAdidas333

CAdidas333 New Member

May 9, 2009
    So two days ago my Tivo started acting up. I keep getting a "Problem with the Service (N33) error. So I'm very computer savy... So I started with some basics... Checked all my connections... Everything is good. The Tivo is hardwired via a Netgear N600 router and then a 5-port Netgear switch, this configuration has worked problem free for 10 months...

So I power cycled all network devices... And all of my other networked devices including an AppleTV and my Slingbox Solo are connected to that switch and are functioning perfectly....

I went into the TIVO, and tried to force an update, only for it to get stuck on the Connecting : Negotating. After about 5 minutes it gives me a "Service not found"... I checked all of my network setting... All of which seem fine. I tried to just Test Internet Connection which did the same thing as the forced update. "Service not found (N13)"

It said to check and see if ports are blocked. Now given nothing was changed on my router, but I checked it anyways, and as suspected, nothing was blocked...

So it gets stranger.. Today my AT&T MicroCell also network connected to the router stopped connecting to the Internet. And again I have no idea why it's not working either...

I have Comcast Internet, and still everything else working without issue. I did a speed check and I'm pulling 20mbps down and 5mbps up... So that doesn't seem to be a problem...

I want to try and hook the Tivo directly up to the modem and try and rule out the router, but I've been reading here that I may not be able to do that.. But those threads were a few years old...

Anyone have any suggestions for me... This is uber frustrating!!!

Thanks in advance!!

-Chris

2. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Not too long ago I was having connection issues on my Tivos. Turned out it was the router. It was weird... networking between Tivos still worked, they just couldn't connect to the TiVo Service.
    On a whim, I decided to hook the Tivos directly to my DSL modem and they were able to connect. Got a new router and things went back to normal.

3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Usually this means you are using the HD menu and that server is down.