1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Needed

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by plasterer, Jun 23, 2013.

1. plasterer

plasterer New Member

Jun 23, 2013
    My card has expired ,
    I still get free to air channels ,and quality is exellant
    But have error message wizzing round the screen
    Is it possible to Remove the error message or do i have to buy a free view box
    Thank you for looking

2. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    If you want help please tell us what your talking about, is this a TiVo? if so what type of card are you referring to.

3. plasterer

plasterer New Member

Jun 23, 2013
    Sorry yes it is a tivo
    There n3 smartcard
    My contract has run out and ime moving to sky
    The box still works but gives me errors on the free channels ,because my card has expired ,Thank you

4. MeInDallas

MeInDallas Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Dallas, Texas
    Are you talking about your credit card has expired that was getting charged the monthly fee for the Tivo? No idea what this card is you are talking about.

The bottom line is, if you want to use a Tivo you either have to pay the monthly fee for it, or buy lifetime service on the box, theres no way around that. Without the Tivo subscription the box will basically act like a tuner with no recording functions.

If you mean your credit card has expired then you need to go to the Tivo website and update your account with a new credit card to pay for the monthly fee.

5. plasterer

plasterer New Member

Jun 23, 2013
    N the Virgin media account is no longer active but box still has free channels on it
    But shows error code

6. MeInDallas

MeInDallas Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Dallas, Texas
    What is the error that you are getting? What does it say?

7. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Wow...no wonder he's having problems....

8. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    You'll probably get more useful help if you ask in the VirginMedia forum http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=69 where other UK users will actually understand and possibly have experience with the problem.