1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me price my Lifetime Tivo HD (package)

Discussion in 'Buyer/Seller Area' started by cmshep222, Jul 4, 2014.

1. cmshep222

cmshep222 Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Tivo HD (with Lifetime) + 1TB WD MYDVR EXPANDER + Tivo Glo Remote

All working just fine!

Will be posting on ebay soon. What would you price this at? I'm thinking around $450...too high? too low? Just right?

Note I'm a few weeks out from posting on ebay. Though of course, PM me if interested (saving me the ebay hassle :D).

2. squint

squint New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    What is the internal drive? The original 160 gb?

$450 is definitely way too optimistic as units without any extras are going for $175-250 shipped at the moment.

Prices took a dive this spring and if they ever rebound it should be in the fall when TV season starts.

I would set a BIN price of $350 with free shipping in the late summer and be prepared to wait a few weeks for it to sell.

I forgot to add that the way eBay calculates shipping and chooses USPS priority as the default is terrible. Choose UPS or FedEx ground as the shipping option as it will be less than half ($22 vs. $46).

3. cmshep222

cmshep222 Member

Feb 18, 2005
    Really good advice there Squint, much appreciated. Thanks!

4. Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard Active Member

Apr 27, 2002
    AR
    Also compare USPS Parcel Select to see all lower price possibilities.

5. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Active Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    Extremely bad idea. Shipping any electronic devices, especially ones with hard drives, via any form of the USPS is a disaster waiting to happen. I spent two years as a contractor installing mail sorting machines in USPS distribution centers and what I saw will forever keep me from shipping anything fragile with them. Stick with UPS or FedEx. I personally use FedEx Ground/Home Delivery because they're generally faster and cheaper than other ground services and also deliver on Saturdays with no surcharge.

6. Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard Active Member

Apr 27, 2002
    AR
    I have shipped a lot of items in the last 20 years, about 500 electronic pieces, VCRs mostly and UPS had a slightly higher damage rate than the others but I have had good luck with all three overall. I consider the stories that UPS and FedEx are better nothing more than urban legend.

7. eboydog

eboydog Just TiVo'ing.....

Mar 23, 2006
    I know a couple friends who work for UPS and can state that UPS ground is a not a safe way to ship any thing delicate. They are brutal to shipments that have special inscructiins such as "electronics", "do not drop" or "this side up". Only safe assured way to ship UPS is 2nd day or next day as those types of shipping involve minimal human handling. NEVER write special descriptions on your UPS shippments, descret is better....

I was surprised by the speed of USPS shipping recently, several things I have shipped that way were delievered much faster than UPS. I used to think UPS was better but that ideal is slowly changing.