1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hell on Wheels - Scabs - 9/2/2012

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DouglasPHill, Sep 3, 2012.

1. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Active Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    Good solid episode. Does anyone else hate the way they are doing Lily's hair?

2. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I think Mr. Toole is a wee bit unbelievable now.

I'm tempted to start ffwding through the preacher's scenes.

3. LlamaLarry

LlamaLarry Active Member

Apr 30, 2003
    I can almost see Mr Toole sticking by the Mrs if she just happened to be knocked up by someone else, but knowing that it was Elam, during that time frame, strikes me as a touch out of character. I get that he knows his pickings are pretty slim, what with the extra hole in his gob, but just doesn't seem to fit.

I didn't really get what Elam accomplished by fighting with his old buddy and then egging him on until he knocked Elam out.

4. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Elam is right that nobody is going to buy that she had a black baby through some quick in the Toole DNA. The question is how did she "just know" it was Elam's.

When Toole survived being shot and left for dead he vowed to Elam that he was a changed man. Then he goes back to being a bigot, at least with his Irish buds.

The plot thread is that Elam can't fit in as white or as black, which is what the guy said.