1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hell On Wheels S03E04 OAD 8/24

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by fmowry, Aug 26, 2013.

1. fmowry

fmowry Active Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    This episode missed for me. Didn't like the lacrosse game from hell, didn't like the missing baby, didn't like the lack of progression with the Swede. Hopefully it gets back on track next weekend.

2. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I thought it was ok. Durant is now in Hell On Wheels so you know that it's definitely leading up to something. I'm trying to figure out the angle of him giving the stock.

And I keep waiting for the Swede to knock off the parents and run away with the little boy. It just seems like nothing his happening there and I'm trying to figure out why and how he's with them in the first place.

3. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Yup a bit of a meh episode after the first 3.

4. fmowry

fmowry Active Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    Durant and the newspaper report was the only part I liked. I think the Swede is plotting to knock them off and "become" the bishop at the new settlement. I'm not sure if it was said where the family is heading specifically.

I did get a chuckle out of the new wife, Buffalo Face.

5. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    I think the Swede will kill the dad (make it look like an accident). Maybe the wife too. If he was going to kill them all they wouldn't have wasted time on all the "bonding" with the kid.

6. gchance

gchance 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 6, 2002
    Olivehurst, CA
    Plotting?

Swede is wearing Dad's hat. He's already done it.

Greg

7. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Once again we were set up with a false clue: "Isn't that my father's hat?" "Yes."

I think the Swede is going to weasel his way into the LDS the way he did with the Indians to use it for his own purposes as he did with the Indians.

"If you quit, if you leave, or if you lose they'll kill you. Did I forget to say that?" :rolleyes:

Durant needs killin'.

8. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    That's exactly where it is leading. Then the Swede has a replacement family, and a plan for where to live (that is why he is learning from the Bishop).

9. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Nah. After that, the Swede was riding in the wagon with Bishop Dad telling him he had a vision of Joseph Smith and wanted to be saved...

10. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Huh? The father was quite alive in the last scene in the carriage, talking to the Swede.

EDIT: Smeek!

11. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Maybe the Swede killed him, and by the end he had come back as a zombie?

Or a vampire! A day-walking vampire!

12. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    The only thing of note in this episode was Elam asking Bohannon why he picked THAT day to stop killing people.

I like this show and want to keep liking this show but I'm not happy with the villain recycling program with Durant and the Swede. We're stuck with them though. The baby snatching Toole subplot seems silly. Hopefully he gets dead soon. You'd think they would have picked an actor who looks something like the first Toole.

13. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    That has made me wonder since the moment he showed up. Is something deeper going on? Did anybody check his driver's license?

14. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Perhaps it was meant figuratively?

15. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    Swede needs to learn the ways for the LDS so that when he knocks off the father he will be successfully able to impersonate a Mormon bishop and take over the settlement in Fort Smith.

As a point of interest, this family is not the one that was in episode 2, right? The ones who shot the railroad cop and Bohannon executed the son? That was a bigger family.

16. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    No, I don't think it's the same family. I think this one is coming west to settle (I'm guessing in Utah) with Brigham Young. I think they mentioned that at some point.

I agree, I think he's trying to learn the ways of the Mormons and that's why he's asking lots of questions. Eventually he'll knock off the dad, make it look like an accident (and save the son), and then become the bishop.

17. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    I, too, was a bit let down with this episode (especially compared to the first couple). I did find it hilarious that a game of "stickball" turned into an MMA life or death match. And I'll be having nightmares of Buffalo Face. I could completely do without the Swede's storyline right now...

18. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I always find it amusing when an Indian's three syllables worth of grunts gets translated into full paragraphs.

When Jimmy Two Squaws disappeared, I totally expected the US cavalry, led by crazy Capt. Mohawk to rescue Bohannon and Elam from the fire and massacre the Indians.

19. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    I thought that when Bohannon started praying that it was going to rain and the Indians would take that as a sign from above that they should be freed.

20. LlamaLarry

LlamaLarry Active Member

Apr 30, 2003
    I thought Bohannon was pardoned for (at least some) of the soldiers he murdered? Wasn't he caught, waiting to be hanged and then Durant got him pardoned so he could get back to work?