1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hell On Wheels - Durant, Nebraska - 8/19/2012

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DouglasPHill, Aug 20, 2012.

1. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Active Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    Much better than week 1. Any idea why our hero now has his own rail car? What job comes with a rail car?

2. dwatt

dwatt Member

Jan 11, 2007
    I believe he now has the Swede's old job as head of railroad security and the Swede had his own railroad car to conduct business from.

3. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Didn't he have that job before?

Looks like Ferguson should get a year's worth of free whore house privileges but he'll probably just chase after Eva instead.

I don't get why the railroad robbers Bohannon was with didn't just kill him. I guess they turned him in for the reward. Did they show that and I nodded off or something?

I also don't get why Gunderson is still hanging around, dealing with piss, poop and dead bodies instead of moving on to the next town.

4. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Active Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    Bohanan was responsible for managing the workers, but not for camp security / law enforcement. The Swede was still doing that, and taking a cut from the businesses for doing so.

I'd guess the Bohanan now has a mix of his old job as well as the Swede's. The worker's need to get back to making significant progress and the camp has to be under control enough to avoid distracting them from it.

5. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Bohannon's old job was Foreman.

The guy Elam killed was the new Foreman.

6. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    When Eva passed the telegraph office and said "Hi Samuel", I think that was supposed to be Samuel Morse.

7. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Active Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    The name might have been an homage, or a refernce, to him. But since Samual Morse died of pneumonia in NYC its seems unlikely (to me at least) that the show would transplant him to the western frontier to get his throat cut by Soux Indians.

8. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    I thought we saw him again alive after the Sioux attack.

9. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Loved this episode and especially the music...that last song was great. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite shows.

10. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    I thought that Bohannon lived in that car before. He was back home.

I see Duran's idea as Bohannon being Elam's beard. Elam can be the law, while Cullen is officially the Sheriff.

11. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I thought so, too.

12. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Active Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    I'm bad with faces, but we saw someone in the telegraph shack with a bloody throat. That's what caused whats'ername, the one with the chin tatoos, to drop the water bucket.

I thought it was the same guy.

13. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    yeah, I think you are right. I have a bad habit of doing paperwork while watching this show, so I don't pay as much attention as I should.

14. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I liked this show last year a lot, but so far, through two episodes, I find myself getting bored with it about halfway through and reaching for my iPad. I'll stick with it for a couple more episodes though. It's becoming too much of a "typical" Hollywood western now. I have never been a big fan of western movies, but watching Deadwood got me interested in Westerns that were a bit different. Last year seemed a bit different, this year, not so much.