1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDVR2 restarting or freezing up when turned to a specific channel

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by DDROW, Oct 1, 2012.

1. DDROW

DDROW New Member

May 28, 2008
    I have DirecTV service and have 3 HDVR2s with the 6.4 software. Staring 10/29 they all starting either freezing up or restarting when I turn them to the same local channel. I have never had a problem like this before. It is happening on all three units so I don't think it could be a hardware issue. Has anyone heard of this before? Is it possible for DirecTV to do something to cause this to happen? They have been trying to get rid of these non RID receivers for sometime now.
    Thank you

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    There is no conspiracy here - DirecTV isn't intentionally disrupting your service. Which channel number and callsign is it and which market are you in?

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    It's likely an issue with that station's signal. This sort of problem pops up from time to time with Tivos and is usually resolved after it's brought to the local station's and DirecTV's attention. Have you contacted them?

4. DDROW

DDROW New Member

May 28, 2008
    Kansas City NBC 41. I have not contacted them but I will and I will go from there.
    Thanks for the quick responses.

5. DDROW

DDROW New Member

May 28, 2008
    I called DTV and was told there was no know issue in my market. I tried the next day and it was corrected. My guess is it was an issue with my local NBC channel and corrected quickly and DTV was not informed or it was already corrected when I called.

Thanks for the help.

6. hawkeye1991

hawkeye1991 New Member

Nov 29, 2005
    I'm having the same problem. It started about a week back and it is becoming more frequent. twice in the past 20 minutes.

In San jose CA.

7. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...