1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDNet Movies dropped in Houston? (Comcast)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by astrohip, Dec 31, 2008.

1. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    My TiVo just had a notice up that HDNetMovies has been dropped from the lineup. This is Houston/Comcast.

Has anyone heard anything about this? I actually like that channel, as it's a good source for HD movies. Usually I'll hear something in advance from Comcast about a change, but nothing this time... :confused:

2. pyrexia

pyrexia New Member

Feb 16, 2007
    I am in the same boat... I am left wondering why this channel has been dropped. No communication from Comcast and I am paying extra for this channel!!!!

3. Bettamojo5

Bettamojo5 Rolling Along

Apr 12, 2004
    New...
    Must have been a local move by Comcast in your area. We still have the channel on Comcast in Indianapolis.

4. Jan 9, 2009 #4 of 12
    rasuch

rasuch New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Email Rick Germano to complain about Comcast Houston taking HDNet Movies off. They did add The Weather Channel in HD tho. What a rip! Here's a direct link to contact Rick. If we get enough people to complain, we might get the channel back.

comcastsupport.com/forms/contact/RickGermano/Default.aspx

5. Jan 9, 2009 #5 of 12
    kmccbf

kmccbf New Member

Mar 9, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    Here in Bloomington IN I received what I thought was a notice that HDNet Movies was being dropped, then that it was being moved to a digital tier I didn't have. When I called Comcast here is what I found out.

HDnet Movies was being dropped from one package, but it was added to a different package called something like HD Classic. If you had their prior HD package you most likely had HD Classic under a different name. So you really shouldn't see any change. But their notice was really confusing.

6. Jan 9, 2009 #6 of 12
    andyf

andyf Active Member

Feb 23, 2000
    Houston,...
    Check your November paper bill online (or the real paper if you get it). The front page details the HD Pack is no longer available, SLEUTH is pulled and HDNET moves to Digital Classic.

7. Jan 9, 2009 #7 of 12
    scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    In the AVS Boston Comcast forum, people have been clamoring to get HDNet and HDNet movies for a really long time. You already have them?

I looked at the HDNet schedule on their website a couple of times and wasn't impressed at all, so I didn't care much. HDNet Movies on the other hand, sounds pretty good.

8. Jan 9, 2009 #8 of 12
    heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    We probably record more movies from HDNet Movies than from any of the dozens of HBO/Showtime/etc HD channels we get. It's a pretty good mix.

9. Jan 9, 2009 #9 of 12
    krthomas

krthomas New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    I spoke to a Comcast rep today and she said HDNet Movies would be returning to Houston on Feb 19.

10. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    We signed a 3 year deal with RCN and got a bunch of premium channels as part of the HD/digital tier. Then a month or so ago we noticed we didn't get HDNet/HDNet Movies anymore: they took it out of our current tier and moved it to another one we'd have to pay extra for.

I keep trying to find the time to raise enough hell to get it back for the duration of our contract; I liked that channel.

11. krthomas

krthomas New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    We have them because Comcast took over from Time Warner here last year and (I assume) HDNet had already been contracted under Time Warner.

12. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    Ah - that makes sense.