1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDMI repair

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by gp4rts, Aug 25, 2006.

1. gp4rts

gp4rts New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Cupertino, CA
    Does anyone know of a shop in the South Bay area that can repair the defective HDMI port on the HR10-250? My unit is under the extended warranty I bought from Good Guys. Good Guys is no longer around, but GE is handling their warranties. They couldn't find a local repair location for this unit. They told me that if I could get it repaired locally they would pay for it. I know an alternative is to buy the HDMI board from WeaKnees and install it myself, but I would like to try to have it done. I don't want to have the unit replaced by DirecTV and face uncertain other problems, in addtion to losing my recordings. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

2. Lew Stool

Lew Stool New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    I thought Good Guys was a part of CompUSA now. Have you checked with the CompUSA people to see if they're honoring the warranty? The store in San Mateo has an expanded home electronics section. Beyond the South Bay, both Pleasanton and Concord CompUSA stores also have epanded home electronics. Just a thought.