1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD Search Screen - Left Side off Screen

Discussion in 'TiVo Search Feedback - Beta Release (Archive)' started by wjohna, Jul 14, 2009.

1. wjohna

wjohna New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    When using the new Tivo Search, the leftmost part of the picture is off the TV's screen--this only happens on the Tivo Search screen. For example, I can't see the leftmost column of letters, except for a tiny sliver. Does my TV need adjustment, or is this something I need to do on my Tivo? I haven't noticed this happening on any other HD channels, but it may be less noticeable when I'm looking at video vs. text.

2. HomeUser

HomeUser Active Member

Jan 12, 2003
    A2 Michigan
    Do you have a HD TV? That is what happens when using HD Search with a standard screen.

3. wjohna

wjohna New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Yes, I do have an HD TV. My Tivo is set to transmit 1080i.

4. darrenmauro

darrenmauro New Member

Jan 5, 2010
    This happens for me, too. It also seems like the bottom of the screen is cut off slightly.

5. bwayne00

bwayne00 New Member

Jan 20, 2010
    I have this same issue. It also occurs on the "You-Tube" search screens.

6. mkomyluck

mkomyluck New Member

Jan 21, 2010
    this is your TV, I am on a 50" Phillips full HD, i have a setting on my TV which allows me to adjust my horizontal or vertical positioning. you may want to look thru your TV menu and see if you have this same adjustment.

7. ScaryMike

ScaryMike New Member

Aug 23, 2002
    Madison, WI
    Except every other screen is normal, its just the search screens.

I'm having the same issue.

8. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    Sounds like it might be an overscan issue to me. All TVs deliberately overscan the screen (like zooming the picture a little larger than the screen) so that you never see black lines or artifacts around the edges. Some TVs are much worse at this than others, and a few, like my Sony plasma, actually give you a setup option to change the amount of overscan. You normally do not notice this because the programs are carefully designed to never put something critical around the outside edges of the frame.

I do not have the problem described in this thread, but I do see that the Ouija board is positioned right up against the left side of the screen. I have my overscan set to the minimum, and any additional would cause it to be cut off as described. Sounds like TiVo needs to leave a bit more room on the edge to allow for the variations in TVs.
    Goose